Vaping Smells A Lot

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by doubts, Jun 18, 2013.

1. I don't think I've ever had a smell from MFLB.

2. I've used my MFLB in bars, classrooms, work, cabs, my parents house and only one person noticed but wasn't sure enough about the smell to confidently suspect it was weed until he saw me hit it. I'd say thay says something. I'm confident if you know how to use it right you can hit some vapes including the launch box anywhere without anybody mentioning anything except maybe they smell burnt popcorn.

3. I've got a MFLB and it smells when I use it, I wonder why some do and some don't?

4. Of course anytime your vaporizing weed it's going to have that classic burnt popcorn smell for the most part. If you want to almost eliminate dank odors for sure, then try vaping oils or waxs inside or any place you think you shouldn't be smoking.lol

5. if your weed is good it's going to stink....be it bong, pipe, vape or making edibles even

6. #26 Bunny Wailer, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013

Unless the vape doesn't work, it smells. You're fooling yourself if you think they don't smell (I know you said you smell it, I'm referring to others). YOU might not smell it, but others will. It's just a lighter scent on top of the fact that vapor is less dense than smoke

EDIT: and in some cases, like a MFLB or Silver Surfer (with standard glass), the bud isn't always on the heating source which only lets vapor form when you're hitting it so no excess vapor escapes.

7. Even if I just turn on my vape the smell of the element alone just smells like weed. I think vaping just makes the whole instrument have a light permanent smell that is more pronounced when heated up

8. #28 ILikeWeedxD, Jun 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2013
    Isnt 390 and 370 a bit too hot? The higher the temp the more the smell. Maybe try vaping at like 300 degrees and see if it smells less.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. .

That's what I'm getting at though... we can take all the bong rips we want without any smell but if we vape it reeks even if we use a spoof.

That being said I did hit my box vape in my room everyday for like a year and a half and never got caught, but people would sometimes comment on how it smells like skunk or sour cabbage lmao

[/QUOTE]I understand, but I gotta call BS on it...there is just no way smoking bongs smells less than a vape...You may have gotten used to it from sitting in the room but smoking will smell more than vaping does...just a fact.

10. I understand, but I gotta call BS on it...there is just no way smoking bongs smells less than a vape...You may have gotten used to it from sitting in the room but smoking will smell more than vaping does...just a fact.[/quote]

Right smoking has a way more pungent and obvious smell compared to vape. But what I'm saying is its way easier to hide smoke smell compared to vape. With the use of a smoke buddy or a well made sploof (I prefer smoke buddy) there is no smell. I don't have the luxury to get use to the smell cause in my current living situation of it smells on kinda fucked. So when I say it doesn't smell I'm being serious. I'm the only one who smokes in my house and people walk I'm after I take bong hits and say nothing.

I have a pax man and i know exactly what you're talking about, the pax does tend to smell up my room, i've kinda given up on using it inside. But outside its still pretty stealthy, me and a friend were just chiefing all day yesterday on a busy ass beach. If you're looking for stealth though some vapes work a lot better then others, i have a MFLB which i've used in movie theaters and all kinds of places with no issues. I even have an No2 that smells less then the pax. I don't really think its fair to make a general statement saying that all vapes will get you caught due do smell, some smell more then others... but i've seen plenty that have no issue with smell whatsoever.

12. What people actually thing vaping smells more than smoking, that's stupid.  I vape in the room next to my parents all the time with the window closed with no problems.  If I smoke and blow the smoke out of the window through a tube my parents will start asking about weed smell.  The number one positive of  a vape for me is lack of smell, I'm really quite shocked that people think otherwise, you must be doing something wrong surely.

13. The MFLB barely has any smell that I (or anyone I know) has noticed. Stealthiest way, hands down.

14. #34 CumberlandBlues, Jun 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
    Also, I think what most people don't realize is that when using the MFLB properly you shouldn't see any vapor on the exhale. The trick to making the MFLB (nearly) completely odorless is to take small hits, and to completely get those hits into your lungs where they will be fully absorbed. This also conserves your green tremendously, since you're not wasting any vapor.

15. Yeah exactly! When you blow out a huge lingering vape cloud it's going to smell. Plus it's a waste of THC and cannabinoids, wasted vapour.

The MFLB lacks those big clouds and so doesn't produce a detectable smell.

16. If only more people understood this.. It would end all discussions!

17. It's very possible, and should be known by more. I can remember thinking the same thing when I had a DBV, my room stunk. :smoking:

18. its not really that it doesnt smell but more that it just doesnt smell like what smoked pot smells like. Thats what my rents are looking for when it comes time to start snoopin, not a light skunky smell that smells kinda like an ipa beer.

19. It smells really strong in my house but I vaporize all day & night and have a few Oz.s sitting around and ground up bud in a Kief box. But I can say its less smell than smoking it, which I've done for (too many) years.

I use the EQ and its right next to my bed on the nightstand and can smell my meds just from them heating up, while I'm stirring during my sleep(awesome smell). Now, keep in mind that I'm not trying to hide the smell, use the EQ from the time I'm wake until I go to sleep and fill the cyclone full each time so its gonna smell here no mater what. But yes, it smells.

20. I own a Pax and on the smell your kinda stuck. The herb in its oven heats up pretty quick and its hard to gauge alot of times. My Da Buddha on the other hand no smell but im not roasting my herb via direct contact with metal like in the Pax.