Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaping question...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LivingForOnce, Nov 21, 2012.

1. I heard that you have to be on a setting of 500F for weed to combust inside of a vape (to get all the nasty chemicals that are bad for you in regular smoke), if that is true, is it possible that my weed that has been turning into a blackish/brownish color on 360F is just vaporizing and not burning? Whenever I put it on a lower setting than 360, it like my vape doesn't really give good pulls and vapor hardly comes out. Can't really feel the high either. Anybody have experience with something similar to this vaporizer? Please help.

[​IMG]

Edit: It has a celsius setting as well. Can you guys recommend some settings for me?

2. 360 will start to combust, go with like 330 or 345.

3. I was on 347F last night and could hardly feel the buzz or get any good pulls, would something like 350F be ok? When you're vaporizing corrently, is it suppose to have a light mist or about as similar a mist to smoking a joint when you exhale?

4. I have the Extreme Q vaporizer. I start at 374 F and work my way up to 428 F.

Vapor will be clearly visible in the correct lighting conditions, but it is not to be compared to smoke. It is not so thick and definite.

5. Umm what?

Most vapes that don't have adjustable temps are set by default to the 360 to 380 range. 400 isn't even close to hot enough to combust either. Even the portables with adjustable temps will let you go up to like 420 and you won't combust.

Don't spew false information and act like you know what you're talking about.

6. As long as you have actual plant material left over(golden/brown/black) instead of ash, you are not combusting!

As fas as getting more vapor, make sure you are getting your herb to as fine of a grind as you can. Also, fresher herb vapes better/makes more vapor than dried up herb.

7. So even though my weed is black/brownish on 360, there nothing to be worried about since I only get the bad chemicals at anything above 500F? Am I cool with this setting (360)?

Oh ok. Thanks man.

8. Freasher herb is wetter, meaning possibly more vapor due to water. I believe dryer herb to produce more vapor. :D

9. I'm not talking about bud that you just clipped off a plant. I'm talking about properly cured herb vs dry crumbly sh*t. In my experience, cured herb vapes way better than dry, crumbly stuff.

10. nah dryer bud is better for vaping, almost always. Long time SSV user and dry fresh bud is the way to go. if i plan on vaping all week ill actually leave my bud in the bag or dispensary jar so it dries out more.

11. I had problems with my herb drying out and not vaping very well. I own a VapeXhale Cloud so the quality of my vaporizer is not in question. I ended up buying some Large 62% Humidipaks which keep the humidity at around 62%. These keep my herb as fresh as the day I got it and even help cure it if it was pulled a bit early.

They work for me. If drier stuff works for you, go for it. If dried up, crumbly bud worked best, why does everyone keep their stuff in air tight containers?

12. #12 sleepy96, Nov 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    Your vape may not even be displaying the right temp.. It looks to be a cheaper chinese vape which are not know for their temperature accuracy. It may be running too hot if you're getting blacking (don't necessarily trust the number on the display).

This is incorrect about combustion. Usually the preferred "vapor zone" is around 375-385. You do get active compounds below this, but most people prefer a higher temp than 330 as you get more out of what you're vaping. I prefer around 400 to squeeze as much out as possible, this gives me a chocolate-brown color in the ABV. "Blacking" occurs above 400, and combustion higher than that. 360 causing combustion though, definitely not.

Ive never had combustion even at 400