Vaping is weird....but kinda pleasant.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Auto-Bud-Man, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Yea, sounds like it is working good for you. I call the first pull after warming it for 1 minute, the flavor shot. Good flavor but wispy vapor.

I have vaped some strains that produce thick rich vapor and some that was a bit underwhelming. You can really get a good idea of the quality of bud you have when it comes to vaping!

2. If my Airizer Solo 2 is classed as "Convection", why is the first millimeter Charred Black?
    That would mean that it is also producing Carcinogens & Vaper, little disappointed at the moment.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Vapeing that doesn’t involve THC = Ignorance.

There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night -Jerry Garcia

• Like Like x 1
  4. If I recall cannabis doesn't officially start to combust until 450F+. Just because it is blackening doesn't mean it is combusting. I have been doing full stems at least of lately and sometimes it sits too close to the oven and it can create that darker look. This sort of thing happens more frequently when the herb falls into the oven. I usually prefer 2/3 pack stem :)

There is also one chemical that gets released in the 400s which is considered a carcinogen, but from what I read, it is very insignificant. It is still way ahead than full combustion as far as a healthier choice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for that boss, my first device & still learning the new art form...

• Like Like x 1
  6. THC, the cannabinoid with the lowest boiling point, starts to vaporize at 315°F (around 157°C). This is the minimum temperature required to feel any effects. If you keep temps right around the boiling point, you can get a mild high that’s great for beginner vapers and those with low tolerances. For those who also appreciate flavor this temperature will also start releasing terpenoids and flavonoids, the compounds responsible for different flavors and scents from cannabis. Even if you like getting high fast, try more hits at this lower setting to experience some nice flavor effects.

(At 451 Fahrenheit it will toast.!)

Start out at 360 Fahrenheit or so, imo. Take 2-3 pulls at this temp and the next time you pull on it go up to 375-380 or so. You won't get good flavor above 380 anyway, that will just torch it faster.

• Like Like x 2