Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaping hold vs. smoking hold

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 2e3t4y5u, Mar 13, 2012.

1. It confused me slightly at first but I ended up having a good laugh. :p

2. Sorry haha. Just meant THC/CBD/other Cannabinoids

3. No need to be sorry, that was like the best part of my day so far haha. I thank you for that, sir.

4. your lungs absorb stuff pretty damn quick

besides, you can do damage to your lungs by taking big breaths and holding them in.. even with just air

5. [quote name='"NutsLikeKngKong"']your lungs absorb stuff pretty damn quick

besides, you can do damage to your lungs by taking big breaths and holding them in.. even with just air[/quote]

Better not tell that to swimmers...

You won't do damage to your lungs like that..

6. You should hold smoke for no more or less than 5 seconds. This has been "proven" by some folks in Australia. About 95 % of the THC will have been "absorbed" or whatever, so anymore than that would simply allow tar and other toxic substances to be absorbed as well.

As for a vapor hit, you can hold it as long as you'd like. It does get you higher-- how much higher, I don't know. Since there was no combustion, there's no tar etc. So why not hold it for a 'lil while? :smoke:

7. granny says it better than I'll ever be able to...

8. All of those dealt with smoke, not air or vapor.

So again...better not tell swimmers holding their breath hurts their lungs.

9. yeah but thats smoke, were talkin bout vapes now.

10. haha i gave you rep for that, that was to funny

11. It doesn't matter.

should I not tell them they're more likely to develop bullous lung disease?

12. [quote name='"NutsLikeKngKong"']

It doesn't matter.

should I not tell them they're more likely to develop bullous lung disease?[/quote]

You think it doesn't matter whether you hold your breath with smoke or air? Are you being serious? All of those studies show the effect of smoke. Smoke has tar, carbon monoxide, and carcinogens. These things MIGHT make some sort of difference?

They aren't more likely at all, holding your breath isn't going to kill you...

I love granny and she's pretty much always right, but by posting her links without understanding them you're just spreading misinformation.

13. I take that as meaning filling up your lungs to 100% capacity (be it air, smoke, vapor, or a mix) causes the damage...extreme pressure for extended time...but who knows, I may be wrong.

14. So the idea is to ghost it until you don't see any vapor?

15. [quote name='"n00bslayer06"']So the idea is to ghost it until you don't see any vapor?[/quote]

I think the idea is to at least get close enough to ghosting it that you're comfortable with it. I see a little vapor when I play with it, but I try to keep large quantities in my lungs.

16. Agreed, was very funny.:smoke: