Vaping Effects On Lungs

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by hornzcru, Jun 4, 2014.

1. hi all,

I am an endurance athlete, specifically cycling, and I really enjoy weed. I havent ever smoked it, but i usually eat edibles, but they are a little too intense for me, and waiting for an hour is kind of annoying. I tried vaping last night with my buddys pax, and it was great. But I am unsure of the effects it has on my lungs. I know there is a temporary effect that swells up your throat a bit, but I am wondering if there are any other negative effects toward my throat and lungs. I currently see it at the same level as being in a steam room. 

thanks

2. First off welcome to the city! There are very few negative effects toward your throat and lungs while vaping. I would think the most unhealthy part would be getting the munchies and ruining your diet. There are TONS of athletes who even smoke joints, pipes, bongs ect... When I played volleyball in collage I still continued to hit the bong almost every night.

3. vaping is fine on your lungs

Skate.

Since I started vaping I haven't gotten the munchies in awhile. I've lost 30 pounds because of it.... I remember I'd be full, go out into my garage, rip a few bong hits and POW hungry like I never ate. Since I started vaping, my body actually feels more satisfied. 

5. You know I haven't actually thought about this!

Come to think if I don't pig out on the munchies like I used to.

Not that it mattered really, I'm about 10 stone soaking wet lol

I attribute this to the fact that I don't vape at the higher temperatures that give you the body highs. I'm always afraid of combusting and ruining my vapes lol. So I keep things at a low to medium temp as best as I can. For awhile there I thought something was wrong with me like was sick or something. But when I really thought about it, I realized I hadn't munched out hardcore at midnight before bed in a LOOONG time. 

I was notorious for baking up a frozen pizza just before bed. My wife would always laugh. But that hasn't happened in awhile, and my eating habits are fairly normal now.

7. #7 Steams71, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2014
    I had a bad case of the munchies last night..lol i've had the munchies more often since taking up vaping, but I put this down to giving up smoking cigarettes as well though.  Hopefully I'll slow down on the eating soon..

lol @ ren and his frozen pizza!!  Nice ;)

EDIT: This could also be caused by watching repeats of Man v Food and You Gotta eat Here on the food channel...pmsl

8. Hey all, so I bought myself a MFLB a month ago, and it has been an awesome purchase. And I have actually lost about 5 lbs since I got it haha. I just want to expand on my experiences with it, and how I have observed the ways it affects my athletics. So the first thing that in notice is that it is crazy hard to get to sleep if I don't vape that night. So either I vape or just toss and turn all night. So this makes it tricky for training, since I usually feel much more drowsy and sometimes a rad bit groggy the morning after vaping, so morning training isn't as easy. The other thing I have noticed is actually a lack of appetite. So I am pretty notorious for eating an insane amount of food at each meal. Since starting using regularly, when not stoned, i will eat a fraction of what I normally ate. I kind of like this for normal daily life, but sometimes I would like to eat more if I have a race or other athletic event, and I can't. I haven't noticed any effect on my throat or lungs, besides the slight inflammation that occurs for a short time after vaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. I went from a regular bong/spliff smoker to pure vaperiser nearly three years ago and the effect on my lungs has been huge - they feel like they've healed up. 

Hornzcru - I could probably also be described as an endurance athlete and there's nothing better than a vaped up 100 mile cycle - I find it only enhances my enjoyment of the ride and potentially makes me safer! Lungs are clear and open. 

10. @[member="hornzcru"] I mountain bike with MFLB all the time, it's great. I don't get winded on hills. I have noticed 0 bad things about vaping. I did approx. 50 km, two or so weeks ago, on/off road, vaped a few times while in the woods.