Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaping and not getting high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LETTUCE CHIEF, Dec 5, 2010.

1. got my MFLB a week ago...

but for some reason i dont seem to be getting high. its like, when i do vape i use a lot of bud and the batteries are fully charged lol, but like

the high is sort of mellow, im still in my right mind it feels, and it doesnt last long, 20 minutes and ill be out of it. but the worst part is not actual;ly getting in a zone, its just like i feel good for 15 minutes.

now when smoking i get blasted and sit on my ass think crazy shit and like being high normally is. the better one that lasts a few hours.

lol i just HATE to waste $130 on somehing for it to not even get what i wanted D: it was more expensive cuz i got some differnt batteries at the store

2. Are you inhaling man? The Danks or the schwag are you using in your vape?

3. I got mine for days ago, and I love it! Make sure that your herb is ground up fine. Also it vapes better if its on the dry side. Other than that, just make sure you take your draws nice and slow!

4. of course im inhaling lol.

ive smoked 2 yrs previous to this so i know i am.
    and ihold that shit in till im about to die.

AND, its some really good reggie. i mean when i smoke this shit i get high for 2-3 hours. and like in a zone high out of your mind

5. well the vape is ther lol trust me. i let it "warmup" till i look into the ligh through the drawtube and notice it full of vape , often i cannot see the light its so white.

6. but i mean one bowl of the bong and im ripped.

and ill vape 2-3 trenches wondering when ill be high D:

7. i mean, its not like vape magically doesnt work for u lol. we gotta figure out what youre doing wrong. i dont have an mflb though :( vaping is the shit..

8. i know right, thats what im thinking too D:

im gonna pickup some more tonight prolly so ill try a different strain, but like i should be feeling SOMETHING. it almost gives me a headache when i do vape D:

9. Out of curiosity, have you tried smoking the vaped bud through your bong?

There's always a chance you're inhibiting your high psychologically, because you don't taste and enjoy the smoke the way you normally do, and you are mentally holding yourself back.

If you smoke the remaining vaped herb and get blasted, it could be that either A) your body just requires the full combustion of the remaining cannabinoids to achieve the effect you want, everyone is different after all, or B) it's all in your head; you get higher from bongs, simply because you enjoy the method you're using more.

Vaping isn't for everyone. Some people take to it immediately, like ducks take to water, and some people buy them, and give them away and never look back.
    That being said, your body is in a constant state of change. So don't discount vaping forever, just because it may not be the best method for you right now. If you have the opportunity to try it again in the future, there's always a good chance it's going to work better for you.

10. i mean i do smoke the vaped herb out of my bong and some Js. i still dont get high. it just tastes like shit D: and no its not in my head, its not like a different level of high, its like with vaping i feel nothing just a headache, but with smoking i get high.

11. Where you mention headaches, it's either psychological like I'd said earlier, and you are unknowingly fighting against the high itself achieving headaches instead, or, your body simply requires the chemical changes in the cannabinoids that are initiated by full combustion (smoke), to achieve the effect you desire :)

Some people really find that vaping does nothing for them, it does happen. Just like for many others, vaping improves the effectiveness of their medication and the experience greatly :)

12. i think i see that now, just sucks cuz i wasted a big portion of money that was either gonna be spoent on gifts for christmas for people, or more bud lol.

buy maybe its just i need all hte other cannabinoids, sucks cuz this being stealthy thing here is great.

and well ive tried to get high multiple times aa day off this thing for a week now. wasted about 11gs.

13. OP I totally understand where your coming from...I just recieved my MFLB this past tuesday and it takes me 2 good tokes for me to become high or so I think. The point is that I still get high but the high is different than that of a one-hitter which I was using:

One-hitter:
    the high hits you in a couple minutes, if I over-do it I get slightly paranoid but when done right I feel a body high like a warm blanket inside my skin

MFLB:
    usually takes me two tokes of a 2/3rds filled trench, I wait until I see vapor fill the chamber then I try inhaling slowly and release the battery about 2/3rds of the way through my toke like it is instructed. The high takes a while to hit me and it is more cerebral using the same Kush that I used in my one hitter. Mentally i'm still in the same reality that i'm in pre-toking but slightly lifted, the high is clear...I can sort of get things done that I couldn't otherwise get done using the one hitter. High usually last a while too.

Since we are fairly new to the MFLB I think we should give it some more time and experiment with different toking methods before we dismiss it as not as good as other toking methods.

14. Try letting some of your friends use it with you, if you trust them enough, let them borrow it.

I doubt it has any issues as far as functionality goes, it's creating a vapor, and the bud seems void of most of its smokable 'goodness' when you go to re-use it in a bong.
    But it may set your mind at ease, if you get some mixed reviews back from friends as well.

I'm sure some of them will enjoy it a lot, and some will feel the same way you do, and it could help you to find a new owner as well, if you're certain it's just not for you. Your buddy may not give you full price, but you'd at least have some of that money back for Christmas gifts :)

Don't tell them you think it's not working for you right off the bat, that will effect how they feel from it if they give it a go. To be honest, herb is a very tame substance when you get right down to it; your overall mood and what you 'expect' from a herb experience, can really determine how well it plays out.

15. yes, the high you get is like mine, but just doesnt seem to last. smmoking definitely gives me a heavier high and a more high feeling, like out of your mind high. and vaping just kinda feeling it but very lightly, and my head is definitely cleaer as i can concentrate then, but with smoking its like not possible lol.
    yeha, i have got to let a friend try it out. too bad im just more a loner stoner and dont feel the need to converse with other stoners. i mean i have a few 420 friendly friends just i dont hangout with them as much as most are just poor bastards always looking for a smoke out, but i guess if i really want to know whats up with it ill have to vape them out lol.

16. I have been " trying " to vape for a couple of years..have spent a frigging fortune on vaporizers..I have the digital Volcano, a couple of Solos, DaVinci, Magic Flight.....and they all got me high..but totally different from smoking....I kept going back and forth from smoking and vaping, and I DID notice quite a difference when I vaped exclusively for a week before I had to undergo some pulmonary tests along with other stuff..( getting old really sucks if you are a person who hates to go to the doctor,yet wants to live forever...:0 )
    Anyway...I have found the MOST wonderful vape item ever..The Atmos Optimus vape pen!!
    I live in Portland ,Oregon..and have a medical marijuana card..so I can get the pens with cartridges preloaded with hash oil ...I've had mine for a couple of months..and I'm still blown away by how immediate it works...how scent free..but best of all..it gets you high...They are now offering different strains of cartridges...the pen with a full cartridge of hash oil goes for a donation of between 100-120 where I am...refill cartridges are $60... Each cartridge is good for 80-100 hits..although I feel like mine have lasted longer..I love the flavor..the fact that there is virtually no odor...In my opinion these pens with preloaded cartridges ( a pain in the ass to fill them....at least for me...) are the IPhone 5 of Vaporizors!!

17. i had the same problem getting into my vape, just didn't seem as high... you gotta get used to the new high.. i get ripped off my ass now, way higher than a bong. try taking like a day off and start off with nothing but the vape for a few days