Vapes Are They Worth It?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by gallagher83, May 20, 2014.

1. #1 gallagher83, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    I have never tried a vaporizer before and am completely clueless when it comes to them so do you recommend them? what are some of the differences in smoking bud and vaping it and I have a really low tolerance and I would like to keep it that way will vaping change that and in your honest opinion are they worth the money and list pros and cons of them

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Just read this forum and it will answer you're questions

3. Smoking is dead, and vaping is the future, and the future is now!

As it was stated before, just browse the forums and you'll see what we all think of vaping. Anyone on this forum is going to recommend you start vaping vs combusting (smoking). First and foremost you don't get all the side effects or other ingredients from smoking if you vape. Smoking will give you things like Carbon Monoxide and Benzine just to name a couple. Smoking will also take your herb up to the highest "boiling point" so you're really only getting some of the effects from the herb while the rest just burns off.

Vaping will help you conserve your herb because a little will go a long way. Vaping doesn't have all those nasty chemicals that come out from smoking. While with smoking you throw away the ash, if you vape the herb you end up with ABV (Already Been Vaped) herb, which you can put into edibles. I use mine to make Cannapeanut butter every week. 

Also with vaping, the high is different. You get a nice heady high and sometimes euphoric, but you don't get the body high or the lazies from smoking it. I prefer the vape high over the smoking high any day. With a vape, I can vape 1-2 trenches out of my MFLB and be good for the night. That would have translated to 5-6 bowls out of my bong; and I wouldn't have felt satisfied. Vaping, satisfies me for some reason.

The final thing I have to say is that vaping the herb to me, shows it respect. When I smoked, I felt like I was wasting the herb. Sure I was getting high, but all the ash and the resin was kind of unpleasant to deal with. Now that I'm vaping, no more ashtray, I have an ABV container and the most waste I'll produce from using the herb is maybe a couple of little stems that I didn't feel like running through my grinder. Clearly a better option for me.

Lots of benefits to vaping as opposed to smoking. I smoked my herb for 20 years. I've been vaping for about 2 months now and I'm never going back to smoking. 

So do it! You'll like it!

5. #5 Steams71, May 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    When I switched to vapeing over smoking the first thing I missed was that instant smack between the eyes a good joint gives.  Since then I've gained a LOT more knowledge about vaping and love the hit you get them.

Yeah, it's a different kind of stoned that you get from smoking but it's a much 'cleaner' high that allows to get into things more or be more energetic than you would with the couch lock feel you get from smoking it.  It's also much healthier and you get most of the weedy goodness rather than it going up in smoke :)  You can also set the temp that you vape at to custom your hit.  Lower temps give energetic highs  higher are more sedative as a rough guide.

The taste is much better and it would seem from reading on here that an all glass type air path gives the best taste.  Each vaporizer is different and this place is a wealth of info about them.

Another important thing I've learned on here is to be wary of cheap Chinese and or plastic clones etc. as they are often made from unknown materials that can be very hazardous to health.  Stick to a known European, US or Canadian maker and you'll be fine..

oh. and a gpen WILL burn your herb....

6. Is that all you do now is vape?

7. Is that all you do now is vape?

That's pretty much all I do. It's far superior to smoking.

For instance, I used to think I'd miss out on smoking things like bongs if I vape. Wrong, there are vapes you can stick into your bong and vape bong.

Seriously, nothing is better than vape bonging! 

As ren.dnd said, vaping is much more efficient. It just takes a little time adjusting to the high, which I prefer. 

Don't get me wrong, if I am with a bunch of friends of course I'll whip out the bong and smoke it up, but I can also vape bong as well  :bongin:

9. Sure is, Gave up smoking completely 6 weeks ago and will never go back..

10. Vape will fuck your tolerance if you over indulge.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Yeah go with vaping. Its how I started use of mj. Didnt smoke for like 6 months then I tried it and went back to vaping. Now I only smoke maybe once or twice a year and thats just because I am at someone's house and forgot my vape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app