Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vapes are not my friend =(

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by RfLx_Wrecked, Feb 28, 2010.

1. So I have tried a few kinds of vapes, and yeah the flavor is nice, tend to save some weed, but anyone else just never satisfied?

The first issue I have is the setup time. If you're working with something like the volcano It takes at least a good 5 mins to get set, then you have to wait for your smoke to fill the bag up. The Vapor Genie is an ok hand pipe, still the time and effort you have to put in is not for me.

So why do so many people like them? Is it the health factor? As far as getting high, vaporizors are bad for me, they get me around half way to a good high then stops. There 3 main compounds in cannabis which give one the feeling of being "high" It is not just the THC, but a mixture of that and two other compunds which when combined give you the high. Vapes burn around 375 degrees, enough to burn the THC but not so much the other two compunds you want. Anyone else notice that Vapes, though good for you and flavorful, just doesn't put you where you wanna be?

just my input on it

2. Vapes do give a different effect, and not everyone likes it. But i assure you, a few big rips off my Vapor Genie get me as baked as a bonghit does.

3. Yeah Vapor Genie is pretty nice. I just can't refuse the glass and smoke =)

4. my house has a silver suffer and Buddha vape, I love them. I get so ripped and im workin on 20yrs of daily use. vape actually get me a stronger clearer cleaner high.... almost like good bubble hash...... thats just me tho

5. I recently bought a Vapor brothers h/f vape, and I love it. I wouldn't choose it over a regular fire to bowl bong hit and I woudn't choosse vape high as my favorite.
    But is def, a cleaner high dont feel as groggy.
    The healthy factor of vapes also make them very appealing, esp if your very health cautious.
    Another reason is the smell, you can still get high and its not a dead give away,
    I find that with a vape your usually in a more "chilled"mood so you just hit it whenever you want, also fun to pass around with your friends.
    And as far as the time it takes me about 5 minutes in total to start vaping, i turn up the heat all the way and within three minutes its all ready HOT, i grind and pack the bud, lower the heat halfway and start to vape, I would see how annoying it is to wait for a volcano bag to fill up just cause that in itself is another 5 min.

6. also agree that there is still nothing like a clean glass bowl to really get the taste from your weed. I still hit my pipe all day just love the vape also.... and suckers and canna cookies and canna cream in my coffee I eat balls of hash.....lol....... yeah im a stoner :) :bongin:

7. Do you have a link for that canna cream? I'd love to make some and put that in my coffee too!

8. I Couldn't agree more, Everytime ive smoked a vape i never really get that relaxed high feeling. My friends seem to really enjoy them tho.. im more of a joint person :smoke:

9. vapes get me ripped as fuck. Bongs for the win, though.

10. i feel like vaps never realy get me high like a bong or blunt does but i thought it was supposed to get you higher?

11. How does a vapor genie still take too much time and effort? You unscrew the top drop weed in it and put it back on..

I started on gravity bongs and joints and knife hits and potato pieces moving my way up to a real bong and eventually I got a Buddha vape along with the Vapor Genie, and have used both for the majority of my smoking over the last years. I find the vape high is much cleaner and it is definitely more subtle, it can also catch you off guard and you think you're fine but you're actually pretty fuckin stoned.

Personally, I like to rotate between the vape the bong and joints, using the vape most of the time for efficiency.

12. yeah, I think CBN is what burns at a higher temp, and I've also heard that CBN is the one that gets you the classic "stoned" feeling

13. i honestly like being straight FUCKED UP after smoking. Too high to think, just kinda out there. and vapes just are too clear headed.

it can be a really nice high though

14. I really like a good mix of smoking from a bong or anything else, and taking a few nice full lung pulls on a vape, holding it in as long as I possibly can, just fucks me up

15. You have to hold your lighter there for 20-30 seconds before getting a nice draw, that is if you don't want to burn it. It also ate through lighters like a bitch. I think it is a nice product to enjoy when you want to have a good half hour to hour session where you can just relax and smoke at liesure.

cannada just won gold too =(
    oh well great job guys!

16. If you use the Vapor Genie with a 1 inch flame like advised you will get big hits very easily. I have never burned anything in it although i scorched the wood with a storm lighter once. If you want to get every last bit of vapor from the bud it will go through lighters quick. You don't have to heat it for "20 to 30" seconds if you're doing it right. If it's freshly packed you'll get a big hit in about 3-5 seconds.

17. double post

18. #19 starcecil, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2010
    I like my vape I have a lot, but I also smoke out of pipes and bongs too, all of which I own.

I used to only put small amounts in but I stopped getting satisfied, so now I have to do bigger bowls. I also like it if im going to be going into work high, because I feel like I am able to function better. All my friends and gf complain of it burning their throat but I don't get that problem ( it is making me cough like a mutha-f-er tonight though >.<)

I like the vape cuz it always makes me feel pretty high even with small amounts granted it doesnt last as long. In general though I usually start the day and end with a vape. Starting its the better high and ending it makes me want to go to bed

I use just the little box kind with a whip. It has a digital dial and the whip allows for much bigger bowls compared to this tiny vape bros a buddy of mine got. The screen is easy to replace and it collects a lot of darkned keif on the inside of the bulb which is always nice. One thing for certain though sharing of said vape device isn't my fav. It doesn't distribute even amounts leaving 2 ppl stoned and the third person blitzed or nothing.

19. If you do it right it should be like hitting a piece, hell most of the time I just take the top off and hit it like a piece, I prefer the electric vape when vaping, really only got the vapor genie as I don't have a piece (only a bong) and it was cheap.