Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vaped weed in edibles?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Oathy, Nov 14, 2009.

1. My friend said that if you vape nugs you can still use them in edibles. He said that vapes only take out 60% of the THC and that you cause the remaining 40% in edibles. However, I read that vapes take out 90% of the THC and that you can only use unused weed in edibles. I was just wondering who's correct. Thanks.

2. You have to look at the temp of the vape when used. The higher the temp the more THC gets vaped. So with that said differing amounts of THC are left behind after the process.

You can used vaped goods in edibles by making cannabutter. Of course a fresh product is best but you can use vaporizer leftovers. Or you can use some fresh and some vaped to make your cannabutter.

I am a big fan of the vape and you always want to make sure you get all you can out of your goods.

3. Well....you can use it to make edibles, but I'm not sure it would be worth it. Unless you stopped vaping it before you normally would you're going to get little to nothing out of it (unless you use a ton) and it will probably taste way worse than normal.

If you absolutely must re-use the stuff you vaped (which I wouldn't suggest since it defeats the purpose of vaping since all the tar and such is left behind), I would suggest using it as a filler for joints, kind of like people do with tobacco in a spliff.

4. i have no idea how information like this spreads

if you vaporize your marijuana at a reasonable temperature that does not scorch or physically damage the plant, which is the temperature you are supposed to be using it at... then you are only taking out 10-25%. It is very normal among knowing and seasoned vaporizers to reuse vaped weed 2-4 times. Some people actually argue that vaped weed is BETTER to cook with, because it is more easily used as a spice. Most spices are lightly cooked (like vaporizing)

hope i could be of help

5. 10-25%? What? Not meaning to sound like a jerk but that is absolutely false and just logically makes no sense what-so-ever.

6. i really dont want to get into an internet war here... i have nothing against you, but im pretty sure of what im saying. Also from what ive seen, most people burn the hell out of their bud in the vaporizer, that is not what you should be doing, the smoke coming out should not be opaque, but very very lightly translucent. The weight difference between vaped and fresh weed is practically non existent. I am very sure of what I am saying from experience. Its like if you put cold pizza in the microwave, it smells like pizza again, the vaporizer simply brings out the essence in the herb, and there is a lot more essence than you think. Burning weed is incredibly wasteful.

7. Hey folks,

You can definitely make just dandy edibles out of vaped stuff (I guess if you're not vaping too hard). I vape to a light brown color.

I saved up about 12 grams and used it with one stick of butter. From that, I used half of my butter to make 12 cupcakes.

I'm a medical user, so for me half of a cupcake is plenty. I've made edibles for myself from fresh weed before, and woo what a waste of money! Maybe people who are real connoisseurs would be able to tell the difference between the fresh weed cupcake and a vaped weed cupcake, but I can't. They're strong and they work just fine!

8. There are still a lot of different cannabinoids that have higher boiling points than THC. There's also still quite a bit of THC left in the herb after it has been vaporized to a light brown color since most people stop after they no longer see visible vapor in their hits.

So, yeah you can make edibles (or golden dragon) out of them. A lot of people do that after their herb has been vaped.

9. Pretty much, cannabinoids all have different boiling points before they are released.

10. i always use my vapped bud to roll with

i only smoke it when im with friends & they all use tobacco to roll with so i just whip out the vapped bud...