Vape vs. Bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DutchR7, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Vape + Bong = Awesome. I like to combine my Vaporizer with my coil condenser. Soon i will have a mini coil condenser for my Vaporizer Whip. It is going to be amazing.

2. If you have the money for a really expensive vaporizer, then just get a cheaper vaporizer (~$200-$300) AND a $100 bong from your local head shop. Best of both worlds.

3. Quite honestly I have both a bong (Weed Star) and a Vapor Bros vaporizer. With the bong I have an inline precooler that works very nicely and stuff but what I realized is that with the amount of smoke I take in my lungs are getting worse and worse as the days go on.

Now I have a cough I can't get rid of so I switched back to my VB once my whip came in. Needless to say you can taste the actual weed and not the funk plus it gets me hell of a lot more high.

What I noticed is that hits from a bong go straight to your head but the vaporizer creeps up on you getting you higher one level at a time each hit which for me gets me ripped even more. Plus I have a connector that I just hook on to my bong so that is cool too.

Quite honestly if you are worried about your lungs like I was then get a vaporizer plus there's a lot more benefits to it like being able to save up your browns and bake with them.

Tough choices man tell us how it goes. :wave:

4. Check out Vriptech.
    Best of both worlds, super flavourful vapeiness and there's still the bubbling and slider bowl..

5. vape AND bong for tha win!! Epic Win!!

`

6. I hook up my vaporizers to a 100 mL bong. Works great.

I don't understand why anyone would ever recommend smoking over vaporizing. You get to be high more often with a vaporizer and you are saving your lungs.

People who smoke are filling their lungs with tar. They cough up blood (and cough often), and reduce the air capacity of their lung's tissues.

It's fucking stupid to smoke habitually.

7. #27 Ace0, Jun 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2011
    everyones heard something like joints give u 10% of the THC, bongs give u 70% and vapes give u 95%. new, i took that as fact until i thought bout it for a second. when you burn weed, it gets ALL of the cannabinoids out, i mean, where do they go if not into the smoke...how could something that heats the herb to a lesser temp release more THC? that being said:
    PROS OF VAPE

clean taste
    really smooth
    conserves a ton
    less smell/no smoke

PROS OF BONG/BUBBLER: (keep in mind when i say bong (or bubbler) i mean GonG...not fucking acrylic)

potentially MASSIVE, and destructive rips
    really sick looking
    taste is second only to vape

CONS OF VAPE:

expensive
    large
    good ones are not portable
    not as fun in a group. (passing a rubber hose around...come on)

CONS OF BONG:

your retard friend doesnt get the idea of a slide
    easy to break
    sad when it does break
    a nice toro or sg can get into the multi-thousand dollar range (crazy i know)

FINAL DECISION (my opinion)

gonna get a lot of hate for this, but the only reason i can thing of for choosing a vape over a bong (unless you need to be discreet or have asthma or something) is if your a pussy. vapes just give a smaller, weaker hit that may taste better, but barely gets me high when compared to a fat bong rip

8. If you like the high of vapes better as you said in your post and like using bongs for the experience look at the vriptech as stated above and the Herborizer, which they sell off their own website direct.
    I have the herborizer and I love the thing, big heating element, heats up in about 5 min, can have adjustable control, though not digital, holds its temp very well, and it attaches to your bong just like a regular bowl, so you still put in a bowl, inhale, pull out the bowl and clear..its a very similar experience. The only disadvantage is the power cable, but its fairly long and i've never had trouble passing around my bong with the vape hooked up.

9. Takes 2-3 bowls of a bong to get me high.

Same amount with a vape though and I don't know where I am anymore.

10. #30 lwien, Jun 15, 2011
    Wrong on a few different levels.

First off, vapes are no more expensive than bongs. You can get very good vapes ranging in price from 50 bucks to 850 bucks.

Secondly, the statement that good ones are not portable is a total falsehood. There are literally thousands of happy users of the LaunchBox, which by the way, you can put into a small pocket. Same can be said for the 50 dollar VaporGenie.

So the other statement that they are large is.............false.

Not as fun in a group because you have to pass a hose around? Whip based vapes is NOT the only one method of delivery. BTW, I vape through my bong every night without any kind of hose.

One can also get massive rips from a vape, but with vapor, anything that is exhaled is a waste of THC, unlike smoke, which is primarily combusted plant material that has nothing to do with getting high.

While YOU may like bongs better than vapes, the general statements that you made above is totally false. And.........to suggest that anyone that likes vapor better than smoke are pussies is just plain ignorant.

11. I think that the vape high is different to the bong high. Vape gives me more smooth head high where as bong gives me the head and body high. In saying that I prefer bong highs when I'm about to sleep and vape highs in the morning so I can still function properly.

12. I say get a good vape first because then you'll see if you want to move onto a bong.

A good vape will be worth the money, cheaper than a bong (Even for a high costing vaporizer) and stretch out your weed.

I went bong first but then I realized I was going through too much weed too fast so I decided to try out a vape to cut down on costs and I'm VERY glad I did.

13. Ive never vaped before but im deciding to buy a vaporgenie in the future cause of all the good reviews. Im excited to try it

14. I got a digi volcano in January and have never looked back. I'm actually disappointed if a situation arises that a friend has good shit and im not home and I have to smoke it rather than vape it.

If you have the space for a big bong u have the space for a Volcano. And as far as ease of use, cleanliness, odor control or getting the most out of your weed a vaporizer is the way to go.

As far as feeling weird about inhaling out of a bag, you'll get over it the first time you use it. Trust me, get the Volcano. Your lungs and wallet, and friends will thank you.

15. Oh yeah I forgot about how clean you'll stay using a vape.
    There's no ash, so there's no mess.

I honestly find that to put vaporizing over smoking anyday.

16. Also I'd like to add that any of my friends who have used the volcano LOVE it, and now any time they get some good shit they wanna vape it so they'll bring it over and I get high for free.

17. My personal input is to get a vape. You can always save the vaped weed for brownies!

18. Or you could revape the vaped weed to basically add 1/4 of your amount to your already vaped amount.

Vaped vapings last about 1/4 the amount of a real bowl will give you.

19. #39 An Ita, Jun 15, 2011
    Anytime you're smoking, you're vaporizing.
    When we just vaporize, there is no smoke.

In smoking, we take a mass of bud and pack it or roll it, usually. Then, with a lighter or something, we dump a whole bunch of energy into the mass, setting it on fire.
    The cherry functions as a rather expensive heat generator and exchanger. At some distance from the center of the cherry, the unburnt herb reaches temperatures sufficient to cause active compounds to boil out of the plant material. The vapor produced is drawn in with the airstream to your lungs along with the smoke.
    The bud that is actually used in the cherry is waste, because most of the chemicals that we want from it are destroyed in the conflagration.

You definitely get some compounds when smoking that you cannot get when just vaporizing, that's a fact. Liking one more than the other, or choosing one over the other, has nothing to do with being a pussy. And nothing to do with being an idiot either.

I guess we could all get together and decide that there's just two groups: people who think vaporists are pussies, and people who think it's idiotic to burn perfectly good herbs.

Myself, I'll just stand to the side and think that both opinions are ignorant.