Vape recommendations? bag vs whip?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by noodlesmasher, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Hey all, I've been thinking pretty seriously about getting a vaporizer lately. My understanding is that it will get you higher, use less bud, and produce no smoke, all of which are pretty desirable. Figuring out what to buy is daunting, though, as there is so much out there. I was hoping for some recommendations and extra information.

My budget is in the sub $200 range, though I'd be happy to spend well over $100 to get a high quality device. Something relatively small and unobtrusive would be ideal, but size isn't much of an issue. What's really getting me is the distinction between a whip and a bag vape.

The only vape I've ever used was a conical looking thing with a little bowl at the top. A small tube was attached to that, connecting the bowl to the bag. The temperature was digitally set, the bag filled with vapor, and everyone was happy. I'm getting the impression this is not a whip vaporizer, and that whip vaporizers are much more common? What is the whip? What are the pros and cons?

I'd really like something that I can preheat, load up, smoke up, and be done without too much hassle. Portability around the house might be nice, though I won't really need to take it outside my apartment.

Beyond all that, can anyone recommend a high quality device in the 100-200 range that would ship to Canada, potentially with a description of why this would be the device for me? I'd really appreciate it!

2. #2 blackbur, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
    Bag vaporizers are more costly then $200, whip based vaporizer would be the way to go. Whips/wands are the glass pieces that are put on to a heating elements..so as you pull heated air is brought past the herb vaporizing the oils and etc. Decent Whip vaporizers rage from $149+.
    There are portable vaporizers that might suit your needs. Vapor genie..Magic launch flight box..are good contenders.

Vapor bros is good..Da buddha vaporizer is really good too..if u need something built like a tank.

3. #3 xsploit, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2011
    Get an extreme q v4,arizer is from canada. Whip,bag and bong. Digital display
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpVlxx9sQjg]YouTube - Extreme q vaporizer with Hoss dome diffusion vapor rip[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReMCl6WaUno&feature=youtube_gdata"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReMCl6WaUno&feature=youtube_gdata[/ame]

4. I just bought myself a no2 vapir. The one that you'll see advertised on youtube and other websites. It lives up to all the hype. First of all, the hit quality is unreal for a portable vaporizer. It drags better than most non-portables that I've used. It drags MUCH better than any other portable vape I've ever used. It's very practical too. Some people don't like dragging around their Volcano or their Vapor Bros around. However the No2 Vapir is a nice and quick on the go toke. Overall, I'd say it was probably my best investment that I've ever put into a toking tool by a long shot. Oh yeah, it gets you fucking ripped, too.:smoke:

5. As long as you don't mind a vape that tastes and smells like burning plastic that's made in China. To many better choices than the funky N02. As a side note, it is very apparent that Vapir has shills here as well as at other sites posting up reviews about this vape. Buyer beware. Check out this thread for further info. Might want to start from the newest post and work backwards: Vapir NO2 (Page 1) / Vaporizer Discussion / FC - Vaporizer Review Forum

Regarding bags versus whips:
    Bags make for a great party vape being that it takes all of the user errors out of the equation, but for personal use, the air to vapor ratio is just too high and a whip based vape would be preferable.

6. I never tasted a plastic taste and I love my NO2. it seemed to me like a lot of people dont like any vapir products based on their shady history, but this NO2 (which I admit is the only vape i've used) has been great to me.

7. Get a whip. I have one, and love it.

And I figure you would vape < 4 people usually so, go for it! :wave:

8. definitely whip. order the DBV from vaporizers.ca and you will have it asap :smoke:

9. #9 zehn, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    The "conical device" that you're talking about is the Volcano Vaporizer. I'm using one right now :smoking: It's widely considered to be the best vaporizer on the market buts it's spendy ($550 up here in Alaska).

If you were able to somehow expand your budget up into the mid 300 range then it's entirely possible that you could get your hands on a Zephyr Ion which IMHO is better than the Volcano (ceramic heating element as opposed to an aluminum alloy one which is a big difference from a health standpoint). Or you could get a used Volcano and a new solid valve for around the same price. Look around, like you said there are a ton of options out there. Just consider saving for a while longer, it'll pay off in the long run, trust me :hippie:

10. conical devicea hahhahaa

11. Entirely possible? If you can find one, possibly, but it sure isn't advised to get one now at this point in time being that Zephyr is effectively out of business until they can get through the issues that they are currently having with US customs, that is, IF they can.

12. My LHS has the complete set for $320

13. #13 lwien, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2011
    But who's going to fix it if it breaks?

Bag vapes, inherent in their design, is more complex and have a LOT of more things that can go wrong with it than just about any other vape on the market. Fans, microprocessors, digital displays, air pumps, etc etc etc.

And on top of all that, Zephyr was in their first year of production and were ironing out some production issues and made running changes up until this custom issue came up, but I advised to get buy one anyway because their customer service was so great and they responded immediately to any problems that came up. Well, as of now, there is no customer service, so if it breaks, your SOL.

I would advise not to buy one until Zephyr gets their shit straightened out.

14. i say da buddha vape, i have one and love it! very smooth and big hits. Also conserves a ton of weed for me