Vape Questions?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by SaskKush, Jan 17, 2013.

1. I've never used a vape before but I'm intetested in them, but I have a few questions.

Try to explain the difference between a vape high and a smoking high? What are some decent capes and their prices? Does vaping actually not smell? Is a vape healthier?

2. With a vape high everything seems much clearer and mucky more heady, like an very good sativa. It smells, anyone who says otherwise is talking out their ass, but the smell is much different and does not cling to you or anything else or last long. Much healthier, basically no plant material or smoke going into your lungs.

3. I've heard that a vape high isn't as good. In your opinion is that true?

4. In my opinion, it's quite the opposite.

5. Smells just as dank but goes away faster. Tastes like the bud you smell instead of smoke with a hint of the smell, you'll be shocked at the taste you've been missing.

High is similar, I don't get quite as couch locked.

6. Vapor can be harsh depending on devices. Vapor from a high end product such as the volcano ($500) can offer smooth bag tokes that can bring out the true taste of your bud, or you can buy a whip vape ($150-200) that can give you milky and tasty hits. If you buy a whip vape, consider hooking it up to a bong or the vapor may become too dry for your throat.

Vapor in itself is healthy and tasty, but if vaping everyday with a hot vapor hitting your throat without water filtration through a bong, it can get very drying on your respiratory system.

There are handheld vapes that are smooth and saves bud, such as the Pax or Persei 8, or thermovape: those can run up to $200.

Vapor when used at a low temp (below 400) can taste surprisingly delightful and flavorful, and can give you a uplifting high.

7. You people are overrating the smell. I have a Solo it doesn't smell anywhere close to smoking.

8. I bought a vape from my local mall for 45 bucks. Ive used it for quite a while now and it does'nt smell or at least the vapor that u get from it doesnt smell. The only sent you'll get is from the weed itself or from the actuall vape just getting hot. Trust me, ive let clouds out seconds before my parents would walk in my room and they didnt notice lol. I mean i do spray a couple squirts of collone once i while but im not sure of its just me being paranoid or not lol plus it's a HUGE money saver. I make a gram last like a week and a half to two weeks and the high is a little different but not much, maybe a little more lazy but totally worth the investment.

9. Oh and the reason it doesnt smell is because i keep the temp at like 405ish and the vape can go up to 490. The hotter you make it the more it will smell and the less you can re-use your weed.

10. #10 lwien, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    Peter, a 45 dollar vape has a digital readout that is nowhere near accurate, so your 405 temp reading is not really 405. One other thing to consider is that 405 is at the upper range for vapor and at that temp, your vapor will smell a LOT more than say vaping at a more commonly used range of between 365-390.

11. Well thats probably true about the temerature considering it was so cheap but it works great and ive never had smell before and ive kicked it up to 420 a few times. But just to clarify it's a plug in one, not a portable.

12. I assume its an ezvape?

13. I use an ezvape. I set it to 360 and have good results. Should I try it a bit hotter? Sometimes I get a glowing ember and nasty smoke.

It does smell. Less but it does smell.

I also have a g pen that I love.

Here's my question:
    Will vapor set off a smoke alarm? Particularly my gpen

14. No it's not gonna set off a smoke alarm unless you blow it directly into the alarm. Can't really tell you about the temp for the ezvape cuz they're notorious for all running at different temperatures than what they're labeled. But if its burning why would you ever think it'd make sense to make it hotter

15. Those cheap box vapes can be unpredictable as hell, so I wouldn't push the temp if you're already getting to unstable levels as it is.

Vapor certainly smells, but dissipates quickly. A vaporizer won't keep weed from smelling either - so its not foolproof but it doesn't travel as far or linger nearly as long as smoke does.

The high is undoubtedly better. While people have their own preferences, and may prefer smoking due to the rush in adrenaline from inhaling smoke, rush from carbon monoxide, general feel/style of smoking, or the ratio of actives they get in a given hit, what is absolutely true is this - a vaporizer delivers far more of all the actives that get you high (THC, CBD, CBN, etc) than combustion will. This means you can get higher, with a fuller spectrum of actives, and with less bud than smoking would.

16. Yesterday I smoked a large bowl of some non cured but dry herb I'm growing as a sample. I smoked a massive bowl and got a good high. Later that night, 6 or so hours later, I vaped two loads of the same. My vape is a log style that basically a double one hotter amount of herb. I got maybe 5 puffs out of each load vs the 20 or so from the giant bowl. I was far far more ripped from te vape and I used about 1/8 of what I did for the bowl. Efficiency goes a long way.

The smell is just as weedy without the smoke lingering and stanking things up. I can blow a vape hit into a shirt or towel and it won't smell at all later in the day. Same thing with smoke and its clear what I did days later it seems. Vaped still stink but it's gone so much faster. I can roll windows in my at after hot boxing it for a half an hour and its nothing more than a faint hint of it within a minute. Try that with smoke.

17. vape high is the highest high ive ever felt. Complete floaty feeling and giggles. amazeing.

18. Nah my vape is called "dodo" lol it might be off brand tho. And another thing is the thing ur using to vape. Like if the tube u have to use makes it where the weed is real close the hot part of the vape then you will smell it a little bit and it can even make direct smoke, but if its far away then youl be fine.

19. Since the digital readout is so inaccurate what is a good way to know how hot it is?

20. Usually you need a digital readout thermometer