Vape Pen

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by TheDudeist, Aug 12, 2014.

1. I live in Tacoma, Washington and I'm looking for, well, a vape pen. Can you use flower or can you only use oil ect?

I have ecig stuff but the tanks are meant for liquid...what to do, what to do.

ABIDE

2. To the mods:   Can we PLEASE get a sticky up stating that vape pens will NOT vape dry herbs?   PLEASE........... !!!!!

3. #3 ren.dnb, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014

I second this mod's! This is a really great idea. The Sticky could be called "Vape Pen Dont vaporize dry herb!"

Buy yourself a Magic Flight Launch Box if you're looking for something small and portable.

Other options:

Firewood 2.1
    The Hammer - butane powered

Or if you're really hell bent on sticking with a "pen" style vape... there's always the T-Vape.

4. In my defense I've never vaped before and I know this site is full of knowledge.

Ahh, well, sorry for the pointless thread.

No need to get so defensive. There are just a lot of these threads that get posted. For some reason when people think portable vaporizer, they think a "vape pen" or something that looks like an e-cig will do the trick. Even myself when I first started vaping a few months ago, I thought "Hmmm an e-cig pen should work". But even the head shop I went to locally discouraged me from the vape pens.

So you see why lwien and I reacted to your thread the way we did. Its just we see so many vape pen threads.

Ultimately I ended up with an MFLB and that has worked out very well for me. So no, your thread isn't pointless. And considering you're new to vaping, all of us here know where you're coming from. 

So what are you looking for in a vaporizer? Something to stay at home? Something portable? And which of the following is important to you?
    • Portability
    • Stealth - Does the vape smell when you use it?
    • Discreetness - Will people know what I'm doing if I were in a public situation?
    • Efficiency - Does it get me high off .1g or do I need to pack an entire 1g into the bowl.
    • Looks - How does the vape look? Would I want to be seen with it? (This isn't important to me but I know it is for some people)
    • Budget - given this is your first vape, how much do you want to spend on it? 
    Anyway, answer all of those and we'll definitely be able to help you out further.

6. Portability: This is something I see as a necessity. Yet, something durable enough that I can put it in a small pocket in a backpack and not really have to worry about it.

Stealth: I would prefer to not smell like a grow house. I used to smoke cigarettes and I don't want to bother other people.

Discreetness: I don't care if people know, but I also don't want to announce my presence.

Efficiency: This is also a necessity. I don't smoke huge bowls and I only one or two hits is good for me.

Looks: It's not important. Nothing with "420" or a pot leaf on it.

Budget: I'm willing to spend the money on something that will last and not be a hassle to maintain.

I appreciate the help.

Awesome... Thanks for posting whats important to you in a vape as it really makes it easier to recommend something. 

Given all your requirements, I can recommend a couple of vapes:
    • The Magic Flight Launch Box - Perfect for your needs but has a bit of a learning curve to it.
    • Firewood 2.1 - Same as the launch box when it comes to learning curve.
    • Firefly - The priciest of the bunch but from what I hear an excellent convection vape.
    • Arizer Solo - Lots of people on here like it, and its rather versatile.
    • The Lotus - Butane powered vape if the butane doesn't scare you
    • The Hammer - Butane powered as well, however it really sucks at stealth and discretion.
    Out of all of those, I would choose the Magic Flight Launch Box (MFLB). And here's why (Keep in mind I do own an MFLB, a Firewood, and The Hammer):
    • Its efficient - about .1 - .2g will fit in the trench and last you a good few hits (about 6-8 hits or more)
    • Its stealthy - if you don't use the stem included and just draw from the hole in the box, it literally fits in the palm of your hand and you can conceal it very well. Also its the least smelly of all the vapes I listed. Someone has to be up on your nuts to really smell it (about 3 feet or so).
    • Its discreet - given the stealth factor, it won't look like you're doing anything, especially without the stem in place.
    • Its cheap - the starter kit costs about $120 if you choose the standard maple wood build. Comes with everything you need to get started, except herb.
    • It looks cool - Its a little wooden box. Google it and see what it looks like. The look of it threw me for a loop at first, but I love how the vape looks. Very unassuming.
    • Lifetime Warranty - Magic Flight warranties the box basically for a lifetime. So yes, in 20 years if the little box breaks, you can send it back and they'll send you out a new one if they're still in business. They will even warranty damage and issues that were caused by your own stupidity. A few on here have warrantied out their MFLB's and its really cool that a company is willing to back their stuff like that. The warranty alone, makes this worth the money you drop on it.
    As your first vape I think the MFLB is a great fit. The other one I would recommend is the Firewood 2.1. I have a review here so check that out for more details on the Firewood. The Firewood is cool too.. looks like a dugout, made of wood, and costs right around $100 - $120.

That should be a good starting point for you. Hopefully others will chime in with their recommendations,  because I'm just recommending what has worked and still works for me. I know there are other vapes out there, but I'm big on trying out vapes that are not so well known, don't cost as much and pack a bigger punch than some of the more well known, more expensive vapes out there.

Anyway.. enjoy! Also check out the forums at FC as they have specific forums for almost each and every portable vape.

8. Excellent! That is exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks for that boatload of information. I'll check 'em out and hopefully get one.

9. Agree with Ren.   MFLB.

10. I would almost recommend a Firewood 2.1 as well. When it comes to stealth and discretion the MFLB just can't be beaten. The Firewood is a close 2nd but it depends on the level of stealth they want. For me, while I absolutely love my Firewood, its hard not to recommend the MFLB when someone lists stealth and discretion as their priority.