Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vape High VS Smoke High

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by JoshuaBr, Dec 11, 2013.

1. My friend recently lent me his mflb, and i have enjoyed using it so far. I really like the convienence of using it and the fact that is makes it easier to conserve weed, however it seems to me that the high i get from vaping just cant compare to the smoking high. I dont seem to get the same rush from vaping, nor have i gotten the same intense body highs i am used to from smoking. Do other people notice a big difference from vaping vs smoking or is it supposed to be a similar experience?

2. Yeah sure but for me it's a nice way to mix things up, and it comes in handy for those people living in cold areas to vape inside instead of going outside to smoke a bowl or J. Which is what I'm doing now while I watch trailer park boys lolSent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Vaping is less intense but lasts longerKind of like an edible high except more clear headedIf you vape a lot it's nice

4. People get used to the stoned feeling that smoking brings due to the..well smoke and all the carcinogens it brings.  Its a more lethargic lazy high, for me at least.  Depending on what strain you have and the temp you have set vaping brings a more clear high, the type of high you can be productive on.  I'll take vaping over smoking anyday but its personal preference and some people will say they don't notice the difference. 

So in your opinion would the high you get from vaping be better if you're looking to have a continual high throughout the day? I too am looking at buying myself a portable vaporizer to use throughout the day discretely and am curious as to what the effect of the high is if you're to continue to vape periodically throughout the day.

I've used a vape before but only once and merely noticed that the high wasn't as strong as it is when I'm smoking.

6. Get yourself a better vape OP & you wouldn't be saying this :p not saying the one your using is bad, just can be improved; once you've used a desktop vape (Silver Surfer Vaporizer) you'll be like well shit, why have I not done this years ago?  :confused_2:

7. I smoked weed from 12-32 yrs old, quit for 20 years then restarted about a year ago so I'd barely even heard of vaporizers when I started using mmj again.I was a skeptic (old school or just old dude stuck in his ways) and expected I'd use a vape occasionally (we'd gotten a pax for my fiance) and consume a vast majority of my herb via joint and/or bong.Fast forward to the present. I now smoke only rarely - when I want a "buzz" that's milder and more functional. When I decide to get properly baked or stoned I always vape. There is an art to vaping IMO. U need to experiment with temps, how u fill/pack ur oven or bowl, etc etc. And different types of vapes offer a different experience. I now have an extreme-q also and prefer doing "bags" myself while my fiance prefers the self contained pax.In my experience vaping done correctly is superior to smoking in all regards. Smaller doses can/do result in what u might call a "clearer" high, BUT make no mistake - vaping will get u as, or more fupped duck than smoking.I hit my bong for occasional wake and bakes and roll a doob to take tokes thruout the day or in social situations. When I'm ready to commit to really getting my buzz/stone on I always hit my vape/bag.Oh yeah, good weed tastes great (better than smoke to me) vaped too.mobile posted...

8. Yeah going ham on a vape is a lot more intense than smoking the same amount.

9. Yes, I would recommend it.  I'll vape before work, be high for 3+ hours without feeling like crashing on the comedown.  Also with a good vape you can control the temperature so you have a little more control of the high.

10. I never used a vape in my life until Saturday night at a party. My boy had a wax vape and it was amazing. The high is better in my opinion anyways. Though for some reason I love that smoke flowing through my lungs. 

11. I just started vaporbonging, its glorious

12. #12 Shawing, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    been vaping for years and as soon as some hemp papers are acquired a pinner will be attempted.  been so long since the last J, at least 6 years.  was walking the dog with a guitarist who wanted to get back into a band type situation.  joints are not the best way to conserve product.  what i'd put into a pinner would proly be enough to last a week in my lotus vape.  then the ABV would be used for tincture. which reminds me there are still about 2oz left from last year.  one dropper full is a nice, mellow 12 hour buzz :smoking:

13. Volcano over everything! Except a mobius with an adapter for a volcano bag

14. #14 Danjaa, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
    I have a MFLB myself however I only really use it when I have a very small amount of weed or when I want to keep myself grounded.
    They're cheap for vapourisers, so I wouldn't really write off vape highs yet!  Not until you've tried a volcano anyway.  Heading to amsterdam in a few weeks so I'll need to try one out too!!

:bongin:

15. the best thing about vaping is the ABV though!  you can vape it and then make edibles  :metal:

16. I have Da Buddha which uses the same exact heating element as the SSV. I guess the positives would be little to no comedown, even with Indicas. The highs sometimes leave me a little more scatter-brained but the main reason I got this vape is because the smell goes away quicker than combustion. Vape in your room, light a candle and spray some air freshner and the smell is pretty much gone in like 20 minutes. I guess the high is not as intense as combustion, too.

17. I think it's just to do with what your body is used to really.
    I've only ever Vaped (I started July of this year); I use around 0.3g per session (1g-ish per day) and get absolutely destroyed (in fact, this Big Bud x Northern Lights x Hijack feels like it's ripping my face off as i type this).

Around a month ago I was with my cousin and a friend and I forgot to bring my Vaporizer. So, we went ahead and put around 0.7 in a joint which I had to myself aside from 1 puff which was the other guy's first ever (and my cousin had none as he was driving and didn't want to partake.) I barely had a buzz. At all. So I lit up half a gram more. My eyes felt a bit warm, but apart from that? Nothing.

I think when I was 14 I smoked hash twice. Got me stoned, but still nowhere near as what I get from my Vape. Maybe we're just a match made for eachother.

i put ice in my roor bong and put arizer solo vaporizer on bongs stem. good ice cold hits.

19. Once I got used to it vape high is 100% more intense yet I can still function way better,