Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vape cartridges vs smoking flower

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Fishlookingup, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Does your high feel any different using a vape cartridge vs smoking a joint?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Depends on the cartridge. There are so many different types, like live resin, distillate, CO2 oil, BHO. The good quality CO2 oil and live resin cartridges are pretty close to flower in flavor and effects.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Highs with oil r all in the head for me so I use them during the day. Flower at night for me cus it hits my body n mind and helps me relax

• Like Like x 2
  4. Concentrates like hash oils hammer me. I can easily get to fucked up just chiefin away like I'm puffin on a doobie and end up way more hammered then I was looking to get into.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. How could anyone know? To accurately compare effects the dose must be the same and how would you go about making equal doses? Does your high feel different after smoking two joints than it does after smoking only one?

Similar doses of THC will produce similar results

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cactus Ed I pretty much look at it in the same way THC is THC and the high shouldn't be different except for the dose used. At least this has been the case for me. Expanding it further I also don't notice any difference between Sativa or Indica strains. In fact I can do an Indica during the day and the experience may be a little different using the same strain each time I use it. Sometimes slightly energized sometimes giggly and sometimes laid back and relaxed. The same thing goes for Sativa's I can have very different experiences using the same Sativa. CBD may be calming for some but the majority of strains of either Sativa or Indica in the dispensaries I frequent in Southern California test very similar CBD content regardless of strain. There are some exceptions of coarse like Charlottes Web and a couple others. Then there are the Terpenes which vary a bit from all strains but Sativas and Indicas all vary amongst themselves. I started smoking back in 1969. Back then and for many years after we just bought an ounce of weed in a baggie for $10.00 and there was never a discussion regarding Sativa or Indica. Never heard of it. Only if it was good or bad. That said later on I still bought in to the marketing. I just don't think there is really any big difference. I like the vape pens but wasn't sure if the contents carried the same components as the flower it came from or except for potency or if it really mattered. Besides being stronger I do notice a difference in highs between edibles and smoking. I almost have the same experience every time with edibles. Thanks for the comments.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. @Fishlookingup I would have liked to read your response but I can't read that wall of text. Learn to put spaces in between your thoughts!

I find there is a pretty big difference. The vape pens get me reallly stoned. For some reason, it doesn't last. I'd rather smoke a joint but the vape pens are very handy for situations where a J isn't appropriate.

8. Vape pens generally get me to a decent level of being stoned, but I prefer the high I get by smoking flower, more of a full body and head high whereas I mostly get a head high from the cartridges, and I agree getting stoned off vape pens it just doesnt last that long

• Like Like x 1
  9. You and I must have started smoking pot about the same time but I think I started in 1967, the year I finished high school. And for years here on GC I've been saying there's no difference in a Sativa high vs Indica high. Sometimes people agree but mostly I get people telling me it makes a difference to them. I think they get what they expect but like you said highs from the same weed will feel different at different times so IMO the Sativa-Indica thing is an urban legend.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I found an Article on this educational...

Indica vs Sativa: What’s the Difference Between Cannabis Types? | Leafly

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11. In the last few years more and more people are realizing there really isn't a difference in a Sativa high vs Indica but for a long time it felt like I was the only person saying it. I don't buy the value of terpenes, either. I like the way they smell but it's just a scent, it doesn't actually do anything. Same for peppercorns and mangos, that's also urban legend.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Good read! Your 10 buck bag of weed back then was like mine in the early 70's, just more expensive, 30 bucks a lid if I remember correctly in Missouri those days, never heard of strains or sativa or indica, just how high it got you and how seedy and stemmy was the bag. You might get a half ounce of good to go smoke after cleaning it up. I called it Mexican ditch weed and we only heard of things like Maui Wowie and Columbian Gold, Humboldt County sensimian sp as rumors. My how times have changed! For me the oils and flower feel the same, the oil cartridge's just being more convenient and stealthy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I recently started using cartridges. I’ve been pretty underwhelmed so far.

14. took me a long time to try them as I felt like you, whats all the hooha about, right? Anyway I just do them now and then

15. Wow I must have been a clueless 17 yr old in my senior year of high school also in 1967. I had never heard of POT much less indica vs sativa, ha After graduation I entered the Marines where they told me all throughout my training that smoking weed in the Corps was punishable with up to life in prison, Portsmouth Naval Prison to be exact, the most infamous military prison in the US. When I got to Nam EVERYBODY was smokin it! har har

• Like Like x 2
  16. My nephew feels the same way. I’ll give him different strains to try and he always says he can’t tell the difference between any of them.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flower for life, been that way for 10 years, not looking for a total switch now

18. im all about the flower but the oil carts are great for on the go. for those tough times at work (or xmas shopping with the wife) and you just need one solid rip to get your head out straight, you can't beat it. as for the high being different, i dunno. a few rips is a few rips. thc gets you thc high.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WOW, I never thought that I would hear that. Seriously, I have been smoking cannabis for over 20 years. (I am so OLD) And the difference between Sativa and Indica is AWESOME OPOSSUM ✌️❤️ AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT THE Hybrids.
    I have ADHD AND PTSD due to a, absolutely horribly abusive relationship. I also have wondered about the vape cartridges and are you getting strain specific, or just distillates? Because you will ALWAYS feel the same way. I learned that on my own. Right now I am smoking a wonderful Durban Poison a Sativa. Please don't be mad at me, I just want to learn. But I WILL NOT have anyone correct me on my grammar or anyone else's PLEASE. Let's all be kind. I am new here, but I am NOT A NEWBIE . Don't get it twisted. There's obviously a very big difference between Sativa and Indica. Please let me know what you think. Peace and Love to you and yours ✌️♥️☀️