Vape cartridge clog

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by smokechambers, May 27, 2018.

1. My brand new vape cartridges clog to the point where I have to pull real hard to get airflow again. How can I fix this?

2. suck it harder

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. what kind is it? avoid select whenever possible plastic sucks depending on if it's made of glass or plastic heat is often used from hair dryer to torch but be very careful plastic melts so hair dryer might be best .

you can also use a fine needle to poke the vape holes.

4. Depending what type of battery you have, if it is one that has a button, press the button a little while before taking a hit to try to warm up the oil in the cartridge, might make it easier to hit.

5. The most common cause of clogging in a vape cartridge is blocked air holes. Air holes could be closed. Hence open them enough. Another way of unclogging your device is melting oil residues or poking them out using sharp objects. Always ensure that the cartridge is loose as a tight cartridge can also block the air holes. It is also crucial to ensure that your cartridge is not flooded. Remember to check the temperature of your device. Ensure you prewarm the oils before inhaling, as cold oils are thick and are not easily inhalable. A too high temperature will melt the oils, which will block the air holes.

6. When my vape cartridge clogs. The ones I get are in glass. so I simply remove the top and holding it with needle nose pliers. I heat it with my torch and let the wax run into a wax container, and simply use my nectar straw.

7. #7 lorenss, May 8, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    While there are multiple types of vape cartridges in different shapes and sizes available in the market, some have a light option via cheap vape kits. The light on top of the cartridge indicates that significantly less vapor remains inside the cartridge, which means that you soon won’t be able to inhale any smoke. As soon as the indicator light lights up, you can dispose of the empty vape cartridge oil.

8. You can always poke a pick down the hole to un-clog it. Dont go so deep though that you poke the ceramic.