Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vape And Dabbing Concentrates - Is This Getting In Your Body?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JayStreet, Jun 25, 2014.

1. I notice that when I use water filtration with dabs or a vape pen, that you get these yellow flakes all over the rig. This only happens when you are using water, if you take a dab without water no flakes will appear.

From my observation, as the concentrate vapor passes through the water, it will reform back into a waxy flake (reclaim, resin) and stick to whatever is in it's path. Is the cooling through the water causing this?

I'm worried that when I use my vape pen without water, the vapor is not cooling until it is in your body/lungs. Which means that this reclaim is reforming inside your body somewhere. This concerns me because there are solvents like butane in your wax, which means it's also in your body...also this waxy substance is hard enough to clean off of glass, how will it ever clean out of your body?

Thoughts?

2. I believe any carcinogens in your lungs will be evacuated by phlem,but you should always smoke the highest quality concentrates.

3. There is less butane in oil and wax than you get when you smoke a bowl. Also if that is happening its probably preventing disease anyways so what's the harm

4. The harm is that this waxy coat of reclaim is building up in your lungs and throat. What harm does this present? I don't know but it can't be good. That's why I'm bringing it up.

5. Or am I thinking about this wrong? Since the water is causing it, probably because the vapor cools so fast, this could mean that without water there is enough time for the vapor to cool...so by the time it's in your lungs, perhaps it hasn't reformed into wax?

I want to avoid this stuff reforming in my body...and if it's the water causing it maybe I should hit it dry?
    But I fear that this just means your lungs act as the water and it could be reforming in your body.

OR is the water preventing it from happening in your body/lungs? Which would cause less of this build up in your body...hmmmm

6. thats not how it works to my understanding. Glass is not a living membrane, it cant expell resins and other things from itself. The human body is an amazing thing. Phlem and mucus expell any kind of resin that might be left behind.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 JayStreet, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Yea but it still can't be good to get it in you. I'm trying to understand if using water is better or worst for you with concentrates...

On one hand, the water could be cooling the vapor faster and preventing this reformation from happening later inside your body. Or at least making the build up less.

But on the other hand, it could be causing the reformation to happen in the first place. So without water, maybe there is no reformation?

On the other other hand (lol), dabbing without water could be reforming inside your body since the lungs would be a cool resting place...no way to know unless you can see someone's lungs.

Fuck. How can I test this? I know that water causes it because my rig is covered. How can I hit a dry piece and see if it is ever reforming? I suppose maybe a really long piece or whip? I need the vapor to cool all the way down and see if it is leaving anything behind....

8. #8 JayStreet, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    Bumpin...this is on my mind

My biggest wonder is if you use NO water, does it still reform into wax inside your body?

In other words, is it the water causing this? Or does concentrate vapor eventually reform regardless once cooled?

9. Im sure a blade more educated on the inner workings of the lungs will eventually stop by this thread and drop some knowledge.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app