Vanilla Kush

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by gburna, May 23, 2010.

1. Here's my vanilla kush approx 35 Days old still in vegging stage... one of the 7th leafs is like the size of my hand lol the 7th leafs get massive..

[​IMG]

2. lets hope mine is no hermie as she was bought off attitude lets hope!!:hello:

3. Its looking good man
    Keep it up:D

4. This strain is def on my "to grow" list :D

-BH

5. will know in about 30 days.....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

but so far, I am a happy grower..... it may get the "best freebie of 2010" award :smoking:

wharf

6. Lookin good Warf..

7. I've read mixed reviews.

What's odd is that my vanilla kush from attitude (in barneys farm breeder packaging)looks nothing like any other picture of it that I've seen. My plant (first seed, didnt veg long) is about 3 ft. I didnt top it. It's one big stem with a nice pretty bud on top and a few very dence med. sized buds on each node but maybe only 3 nodes. Other than the buds it's basically A big stem with a few large fan leaves that turn dark/purple-ish. Not a big yielder. Topping would help. There is basically no aroma at all. I'm approaching week six and it's near harvest time. The leaves are losing their color and i'm feeding just water. It's coming down as soon as some more trics turn color. The buds themselves even have a little purplish tint.

It looks tasty but nothing like anything i've seen online.

Attached Files:

8. Yeah, those are lookin sexy wharf.

be proud!

and those do look a little odd, really yummy though, it should smell scrumptious?

do you ever touch it to try to and get a smell?

9. I don't think they have stabilized the genetics yet, I have seen 10 of these grown, 2 by myself all from Barney's in Breeder packs and they all look different, and different phenomes. Some worthless, some are amazing. :confused:

10. #30 MauiSon, Nov 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
    I got a freebie seed from Attitude, grown indoors, Humbolt Nutrients, no topping. It got too tall with not much production, though my grower says it's crystalline and dank with no 'vanilla' smell/flavor. When I get my gratuity, I'll post a photo and comment. Future clones will be topped.

11. The smell prolly comes out if you got a good carb in it but also the curing brings it out.

BF is a great company, I have never had their seeds not germinate or grow well.

12. Okay, here's the Vanilla Kush from my grower:

[​IMG]

13. smoked some in amsterdam at barneys.. ya figure their coffeeshop has the best representation of their own strains. it had the ever so slighest taste of vanilla if any at all but the stone was very up there. taste was only present on exhale.

14. I got one that I just put to flower, I topped it , and its a bushy monster , the Indica really shows... We will see how it flowers now.

15. It's a remake of Paradise's Ice Cream...

Give that a try, see if you like the taste better.

I feel there are better phenos to be found in the Ice Cream Fem'ed seeds.

16. I just started one of these with two Matanuska Mist girls outdoor. The MM has tripled the VK in growth. Untopped. My first experience with outdoor, will post pics when it's finished.

17. yeah she doesn't grow tall, where as MTF reaches for the sky...

18. Anyone else have this problem growing out the Vanilla Kush? Mine is about 9 weeks into flowering. At about 7 weeks, it seemed to hit a bud development ceiling. She has mad hairs on every bud, about 75% reddish, and looks like no other I've seen. Seriously, each bud looks like it is embraced by thousands of tiny calamari legs. There is almost NO resin. No signs of hermaphrodite. Very weird, as I have grown it in the EXACT same conditions as a number of other indica-sativa hybrid plants that are finishing gloriously (Critical Jack, Sensi Star by Paradise, Temple Haze, Iced Grapefruit). Anyone else see a plant grown in controlled and optimal conditions that suffered from such a resin deficit? Its lack of trichs definitely makes it hard to tell when to chop, especially as its hairs have not changed for a long while. Shitty genetics from Barney's?

19. Hey Herbon.

I'm growing a Vanilla Kush under 90w LED + 2x65w CFL. Detailed grow diary (with pics) here.

She's 60 days old (from seed) and 29 days (15 preflowring + 14 bloom) into flowering. So far I have mixed views about this grow when I compare it to my previous Sweet Deep Grapefruit grow.

Barney's Advertises VK to grow to about 60cm. Mine is over a one meter now (I vegged her for 30 days - not sure if that is the reason). This is a slight problem as my grow box is just under 1m so the VK had to be trained. I didn't prune as I read that this strain does not respond well to pruning.

I'm running a detailed grow log with pics; you are welcome to drop by and compare the pics to your grow.

All the best with your grow.

20. Flavor of VK comes out strongest at 6 weeks on a jar.

Also this strain roots really really easy.