Vancouvers new Sonic crowd control device

Discussion in 'General' started by vLaDii, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Vancouver police have a new crowd control device capable of emitting painfully loud blasts of sound.
    Also known as an (MRAD) for medium ranged acoustic device, designed just in time to tear the shit out of civilian ears during the 2010 events.
    [​IMG]
    Linkage: CBC News - British Columbia - Vancouver police get sonic crowd control device

Lets hope VPD and RCMP don't get carried away with this one.

2. lets hope theyres no cannabis events in 2010 ... i guess there will be alot of unhappy stoners:smoking:

3. I thought they were using this on some of the pittsburgh protesters.

4. theyve been using these on protesters and others for quite some time now..

5. Thought to myself "why does a restaurant need a crowd control device to deal with stoner pileup?"

Then I clicked on the thread, and was horribly disappointed.

6. The US is developing a thing like that that emits microwaves I think to basically cook protesters.

Also they use that sonic sound thing to repel pirates

7. #7 Cannabis Crusoe, Nov 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
    imagine if you were at a weed rally or whatever, you put a j in your mouth and your about to light it when BOOOOM! that shit flies outta your mouth and you go deafat the same time. GI Joe Sonic Warriors FTW!!!!1!!!!

8. The real question however.

How do you put one of those on a horse?

9. so it's not so much a weapon as it is a propaganda machine.

10. Which is complete bullshit. Its a weapon and they will use it as such.

11. well i'm sure whoever its first victim is will go straight to the media (hopefully) and blow it up into a huge major issue. they'd be pretty foolish to use it as a weapon now after they told everyone they wouldn't...

i guess protesters/activists will have to invest in a pair of earplugs. it beats getting tazed/pepper sprayed/gassed/hosed/shot with rubber or bean bag bullets...

12. a "communications device"?????
    wow, the newspeak is dripping from that one. :mad:

i guess a cluster bomb is also a "communications device". it can be heard miles away and can be used to "disperse" crowds.

fucking police state

13. if you are going to a event/protest just bring a pair of earplugs and a cheap $20 israeli gas mask and you'll be fine.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwRvWpsiM2w]YouTube - Hawkwind - Sonic Attack[/ame]

15. these messages their using it to communicate is a big 'fuck you' to protestors and rioters

16. No one has complained yet.

17. LOL I can just imagine this thing in use.

"We're here, we're queer, get used to it"

*brings out the sonic device*

"LALALALALA WE DON'T CARE WE CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA NO ONE CNA HEAR YOU OVER TOP OF THIS GO AWAY LALALALALALALALALA!!!!"

lulz.