Vancouver

Discussion in 'General' started by so.flo.zach, Mar 24, 2009.

1. I grew up in Buffalo NY, literally a stones throw away from Canada. I literally lived walking distance from the peace bridge. That said being so close to Canada I've picked up many of their traits such as their love for Molson, and Hockey. I also lived in NH for 2 years and fell in love with the mountains. As far as I see it Vancouver is the place for me. I love the mountains, city, Canadian people, the climate, the fact that weed is much more acceptable, etc. Plus the fact that my hate for America is growing everyday. I'm pretty sure the FBI thinks I'm in a militia. I'm planning on moving in 2 years, so i wanna' ask anybody who lives there just to give me as much info. on Vancouver as possible.

Pro's living there, Cons, what to do, where to go, nightlife, cops, summer, winter, etc. Pretty much tell me your point of view of the city. If you live live somewhere in B.C. besides Vancouver then feel free to share your knowledge also.

thanks

2. If you really like the mountains, I'd suggest somewhere in the kootenays. Like nelson, thats a hippy town if there ever was one.

I personally think vancouver is too big, crowded, and way too much rain. You probably would want to get off the coast, unless you like rain for weeks straight.

3. I've thought about that but the thing is I'm going to be a firefighter, so I need to go where I'll get paid the most which is large, overcrowded metropolitan areas. But if there are any other cities that I'm missing out on let me know.

4. If not vancouver, then you should live in one of the surrounding areas like surrey or abbotsford or even live on the island in Victoria. The traffic is pretty terrible and the downtown is ugly but other than that a pretty good city. Not a fan of molson though :devious::wave:

5. Vancouver is notorious for their rainy winters. If it snows there, you're almost certianly screwed. Great place, great atmosphere, great people, great bud, and great powder. If you dig the mountains, being an Alberta boy, I would highly recommend either Banff or Jasper.