Vancouver B.C.

Discussion in 'General' started by ObeyLaGanja, Aug 1, 2012.

1. So I was just looking around, has anybody been to Vancouver? I really want to visit there, maybe even live up there.. It seems like a great move.

2. It costs too much, the cyclists are pricks, the crime rate is bad, and it's way too crowded.

Kelowna is a much better move IMO.

3. Vancouver is a great place. Its beautiful and there are a million things to do. Like the other poster said it is expensive to live here. There are a lot of surrounding cities that are cheaper and close. I would defiantly suggest visiting, and even living here!

4. I moved here about 2 months ago and I have decided that this city is a great place to be. The suburbs are quiet and whatever, and they even remind me of the small town in Ontario where I used to live. My apartment is 500$/month and food is cheap. Haven't found a job yet though.

5. Okanagan is way better man. It's a fucking desert here.

6. you might enjoy things a little more being on the island rather than the mainland
    but thats just my opinion
    vancouver island is utterly beautiful with tons to see and do, and on the plus side, its not where near as noisy or busy, even if you live in Victoria

7. $500 a month?!?!

You either live in a closet in the ghetto or you don't live anywhere close to Vancouver man.

You'd be lucky to find a shitty basement for under 1k here.

8. It is a basement but i have my own door. I live in Surrey, I guess it's kind of far from Vancouver but half an hour on the skytrain is a small price to pay for the cheap rent. It doesn't seem that far away...

9. Yeah Surrey is a whole other world man.

10. Surrey? You mean New Delhi?

11. I went with my parents long before I even knew what weed was. We were skiing almost the entire time. I think that if you like winter sports and good weed, you'd love it there.

12. When I went to vancouver I loved it. Awesome climate, scenery, people, things to do, etc etc etc. I guess the only negative was you shouldnt walk around northeast downtown (E. Hastings) and shit, but thats not a big deal. The market under the bridge (whatever its called) is awesome and so much bigger than anything around here.

13. You're probably talking about Granville Island.

IMO Vancouver is awesome for a week if you are a tourist. Living here is completely different.

14. The biggest problem is where the taxes go. I live in Northern BC and it is infuriating to see the ridiculous taxes put on gas go towards Vancouver's bike lanes and not towards improving infrastructure.

15. Gas here is outrageous.

Americans bitch about their gas prices but they are paying half of what we're paying.

16. This. Fucked that our gas prices are so outrageous when we produce the damn stuff in Alberta. :mad:

17. Just got around to checking this thread.. Thanks for the feed back about everything..

@Endlessrain - Where exactly is the "island"? I feel that any where there would be a cool place to live, i've lived in the hood most my life so that wouldn't be something new.

18. [quote name='"ObeyLaGanja"']Just got around to checking this thread.. Thanks for the feed back about everything..

@Endlessrain - Where exactly is the "island"? I feel that any where there would be a cool place to live, i've lived in the hood most my life so that wouldn't be something new.[/quote]

He's talking about Vancouver island. Beautiful place big too. Biggest city there is Victoria which is also BC's capital. Nanimo, salt springs all nice places

19. In Texas we pay $3.50 right now cause a rig caught on fire but it's usually around $3.20

20. i want to move to Canada....fuck the states.