valueline or vortex or fantech??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by greenlog, Jan 17, 2012.

1. #1 greenlog, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    hello all, im new here, i have a question on fans, i have 2 1000watt HID lamps and 2 inline sealed vented hoods, with 6" ducts on both ends of hoods, i need a fan to keep the room and lamps cool, these hoods are inline, first has a MH and second hood has a HPS, i need a fan for venting these hoods, i been looking at the valueline fan for $80, or the vortex one for $160, i would like to know any experences with these fans, expecially the valueline since its so much cheaper

any of you been useing the 6" valueline fan for a few years with no problems??

also looking at the active air fans, any one used these fans for years, or can compare them to valueline and vortex?

2. Go with the Vortex and go with two.

One for stink (4") and the other for heat (6").

Stick them on speed controls so you can "dial" them in.

3. thanks, could not wait for response, so i ordered a valueline 8", speed controller, and 8" to 6" reducer, that should be the best, vortex is 2x the money , and valueline warranty is said to be easy 5 day turnaround, best to have more than i need than not enough!!

next im looking to get an ice box, or make on out of a radiator, its stupid to vent your grow house outside, keep that air sealed, for bugs and such