Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

value of oil vs cartridges

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by rawbar, May 22, 2018.

1. #1 rawbar, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    Hi, noobie here again trying to do research before my first time hitting the dispensary tomorrow.
    I'm trying to find a 1:1 CBD:THC product. The dispensary only carries two:

O.penVAPE 250mg (TAC 42% - CBD 15.8% THC 21.1%) at $50
    1g cannabis oil (TAC 60% - CBD 30.8%, THC 26.9%) at $75

I'm trying to figure out which is a better value. There is 4x the amount of oil and it's TAC is 62% vs 40%. I think that tells me it's a much much much better value.

Doing some googling I found a formula that said to figure out if it's a good deal for oil, take cost per gram of oil, divide by mg of active ingredient. In this case I think that's 75 / 600 which comes out to 12.5c per mg active ingredient. It said .10/mg is a great deal, .20 is a bad deal for THC (and .15-.25 for CBD).

Anyway since I'm not really sure what I'm doing, or if my math is correct, some guidance would be appreciated before I go throwing money away tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thinking about math further
    250mg * 42% = TAC of 105mg. 105mg @ $50 = $0.47/mg of active ingredient
    1000mg * 60% = TAC of 600mg. 600mg @ $75 = $0.125/mg of active ingredient. Or 4x the value.

I think I answered my own question

• Like Like x 1
  3. Get a puffco pro 2 and buy a gram it’ll last ya 2 or 3x longer than a cartridge.
    Www.vapemood.com

4. I like the idea of the vape approach but seems like the puffco pro 2 isn't well liked.

https://www.vapecritic.com/puffco-pro/

Can you tell me if there is a smell when you vape the oil? I need to make sure whatever solution is odorless

5. You are doing this correctly.
    The cannabis oil is the better deal, 12.5 cents/mg versus 20 cents/mg for the pen.

6. thanks, i will go with the oil and after spending an hour reading reviews i ordered a kandypen prism+