Valid Rant: All Hear Ye

Discussion in 'General' started by TesseLated, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Well, seeing as I was posting a comment in a thread that was closed, I decided my viewpoint on this subject should still be heard. The thread started innocently enough and went downhill from there...(not started by me)with pro and con comments about ICP and their fans.
    Their existence has long astounded me and I have read about them and their followers off and on for awhile...So this was the post I made in regard to the band and their followers.

2. Yea, I'm a little disappointed that that thread got closed too. I was just getting into a good sociological discussion with an intelligent ICP fan and I didn't get to see his response to my final set of questions.

3. I don't claim to be a juggalo but I listen to ICP frequently.

I don't find their music influencing in any way. I'm not encouraged to kill, rape, or otherwise harm anyone by listening to them.

I listen purely for entertainment. I also like that they do what they want no matter what people think of them.

edit: And while that is beautiful music, it's just not my cup of tea. (referring to the video tesseLated posted below this post)

4. Also, in stark contrast to give you the idea of what I'm trying to get at here, is a beautiful song in every way.....Where would you rather be? Witnessing this awesome spectacle....or getting slammed with faygo and chanting about murder?...and yes, that is rhetorical....lol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEYXKwLHPl4]YouTube - Sound Tribe Sector 9 - Music, Us (Live @ The Tabernacle)[/ame]

5. honestly, im no juggalo or anything like that. im way more of a hippy hardcore kinda guy, if that makes any fucking sense. but icp has they're okay moments. theres alot more behind it then you even care to see. try reading behind the paint, and tell me thats not insightful. just cuz its not your cup of tea doesnt mean its complete shit. have you listened to the radio lately? hardly any good music but then again even some mainstream shit has its good moments.. and this shit had me laughin my ass off "A purely American occurance that is a scourge on par with Chavs and Wiggers. "
    peace out girl scout

6. Yeah, and thats cool if its not your thing...cant be for everybody. But what is it that entertains you about them? Its a serious question. Not for lulz. Im curious to hear.

7. I don't know how else to explain it except.. it's funny. It's humorous to me, and just the pure ridiculousness of the lyrics is very entertaining. It's the opposite of pretty much all other music. The lyrics are very outlandish and I enjoy it. They do what they want.

It's just the fact that what they say and what they do is so outlandish that it sparks an interest inside me.
    And I've always thought clowns were badasses :smoking:

8. I get your point there...but Im somewhat informed about what they portend their music to be about...but its a total scam on their fans...buying into the belief that they are standing for anything but putting the cash in their pockets.

9. I think everyone who is gonna bring negative vibes to the thread should just get out. So you don't like the music and think they're trash? Well, that's good for you but no one really gives a fuck, so why waste your time posting? I'm not here to say they are good or bad and honestly it isn't my place to judge. I like some of their stuff I hate some of their stuff. At the end of the day, it's just fucking meanigless music. A lot of juggalos are immature little fuck boys, granted but not all of them are so why pass judgement on an entire group of people when you don't know a single one?

I have a hatchetman burned into my arm, now some people think it was stupid but I do stand by my friends who are "down with the clown" and not hate on them. I consider myself a "juggalo" but not because of the music. Because I love that feeling of unity between my friends and I.

edit: don't touch me with that greasy ass paint though, im not painting up or representing anything.

10. well, thats what most entertainers do.

11. yes, it has the pure ridiculous aspect for sure, but it is more than that for some of the 'hardcore' ,lol, kind of fan...For example, would you say that you are one, because you do not communicate like the ones I have read numerous comments from on various shit on youtube (miracles, lol) and their lyric sites.

There was a guy that went and lived in that environment..on tour..haha...and he made a blog about his experience as he went through it. I'ma have to find that. Total illustration of this point about this band. Man, he went through hella shit.

12. When they first came out and it was like college kids playing it as a joke and making fun of it in small circles of weird smart people, it was ok.

When teenagers started wearing makeup and doing the whole costume thing and all that attention seeking it just got silly.

I don't honestly understand where the demand for it is?

Are they selling millions of albums or anything?

13. well, ask em again...maybe they'll get answered

14. people like horror movies right?

whats wrong with horror rap?

15. I'm not a hardcore fan. Don't even know what faygo is.. have minimal knowledge of The Dark Carnival. I just like the music, man.

16. Haters gonna hate, man.

Faygo is the bomb!

17. Unfortunately, they are making bank. Which is truly disturbing and amazing at the same time. It speaks to a crowd that feels outcast and all that bullshit..a reason to hate the haters....which is ironic, as howoldami pointed out in the other thread.

18. I dunno man, I think there is a difference. I see what you are getting at, but you don't have groups of Saw fans going around claiming 'family'. Not that I've seen anyway. Regardless of what you may personally feel about ICP, there are many juggalos that consider themselves part of a gang, so to speak, and that is because of direct influence of the message that ICP is spreading, which is a negative message.

19. Faygo is cheap pop. They use diet so it doesn't sting peoples eyes.

If you ever been at a really packed concert before (mainly in clubs) you'd know how hot it is. If you stay up front the entire time you want something to cool you down. Almost every rapper I've seen throws water on his fans. Icp just throws pop instead.

It started as a accident. I forget who hit who, but one of the members was fucking up a song or something, so the other threw a faygo bottle at him. The crowed cheered, so they threw around a few other bottles and everyone was into it. After that it went into being a part of the show.

Oh and that's another thing, it's not just a concert, it's a show. You go to be entertained, it's not a cult meeting.

20. I really don't think there is a difference. Yeah groups of people fallow them but all bands have groups of people that fallow them.

The rest is a stereotype. Seriously, for every one dickhead juggalo you see there's a hundred laid back juggalos that you would never expect.

Their really not spreading a negative message, but I'm not even going to argue that one, it has been gone over enough on this site.