Valerian Root

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by blacked_out_420, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Anyone here ever tried it? I am probably going to pick some up tomorrow after work in hopes of it helping with my anxiety. (avoiding benzos) Just curious if anyone tried it for anxiety and has any input.

Also heard that combining it with weed gives some nice visuals and a great body high.

Also, if anyone has had success, how much mg did you take, when, and how?

Thanks, :wave:

2. i plan on doing some soon too for the same reasons; but from my understanding you dont eat it or anything you make a tincture with it.(i own a big as herb book) you can look up how to make tinctures online, theyre made with vodka (yum).

p.s. if you want i can consult my herb book on the best way to consume it.

3. I've read from a few sites that it comes in different forms. Tea, liquid, capsules, powder, etc.

I don't really know what the difference is/how much to take, but i plan on doing some more research about it later on, before i take it. I'm not planning on making an alcoholic drink from it, just something to cut the anxiety back, while still being able to perform daily activities.

Yeah, that book sounds awesome, would be great :hello:

4. the vodka is just to extract the essential oils... but its whatevs to each his own. ill go grab the book and see what information i can give you.

ill post back soon.

5. for a maceration: soak 2 teaspoons of the chopped, preferably fresh root for 8-10 hours in a cup of cold water. use as a sedating brew for anxiety and insomnia. add 2-3 drops of peppermint water ( available at pharmacies ) to disguise the flavor.

turns out the tincture is mainly used for insomnia. also i can give you other herbs that work good for anxiety if your interested.

also you can make an infusion out of it. ( basically a tea )

glad i could help. tell me how it goes when you smoke some green with it aye?

6. Well, I've taken it in capsule form all by itself, to try to sleep better...

It doesn't seem to do much, besides MAYBE making me the tiniest bit sleepy, but only MAYBE...

7. I used to use for anxiety, dunno if it was placebo but I felt like I got dumber...

Worked for me though

8. i take a night time herb supplement with it. theres 400mg of valerian root and then either 100 or 200 mg of both hops and passion flower. i cant say its helped with my depression/anxiety, but it does give me awesome dreams at night. really vivid and sometimes lucid dreams

9. I use it on a regular basis as a sleep aid. Helps me feel less tense and relax at the end of the night at times.

10. I've only taken the capsules and they did absolutely nothing. Nowhere near potent enough to help with any anxiety problems. I took like 6 capsules and felt a little tired, thats it though.

11. Hmm, well i picked up a bottle of it today. Contains valerian, passion flower (i think), hops and something else. Can't hurt to try i suppose

12. Valerian
    How Valerian Root Helps You Relax and Sleep Better?