Valentine's Effort

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Reflection Eternal, Feb 12, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Well blades, one of my friends was talking about something really creative he was going to do for his girlfriend last week, and it got me thinking. I already planned on doing some stuff for my gf this Sunday, but I wanted to give her something I created!

So I designated yesterday as the day I would sit down and crank something out, but I had no inspiration! I sat down with a pen and started doodling, and eventually gave up. I went over to a friend's house, drank some beers, smoked the divine herb, and came back home. It hit me when I came home out of nowhere, and I just picked up a pen and ran with it.

I remember perfectly being very stoned and listening to the song "Dark Matter" from Porcupine Tree as everything just flowed out of me and onto the paper. I was still too afraid to add any clouds or a foreground (just some grass or a hill to contrast the above) but I did want to put something in so I added the moon and the stars. The pen I was using bled so much it was hard to keep everything neat.

If you've got comments/suggestions/feedback lemme hear it! And if you're working on something for the occasion too, post it up! :D

P.S. I know the pics a lil blurry I was in a hurry and the flash wasn't working with me...I'll figure it out later for a more crisp pic.

2. I like it. Should be more demonic though.

3. i think it looks good without all the grass and hills and w/e. it's simplistic but still nice looking. idk what ur gf's into though