Valentines Day grow? Suggestions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by WingsOnPigs, Jan 25, 2015.

1. I have 4 regular thc bomb seeds and was thinking about plantin one seed on Valentine's Day. I live in central Florida so the weather is pretty warm during the day, mid to upper 70s lately, and nowhere under the upper 30s at night and that's on rare occasions. Was just gonna plant one to have some free smoke or even a keep a hermie for more seeds later on. Any suggestions or advice? Should I just wait until mid March even though I can buy more seeds later on? Can't make up my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Last year I put out some 2 month old plants the 2nd week of March and they started to flower. I think the middle of April would have worked out better for me. I am in So Cal. Florida will be a bit farther south, so you might get away with outdoors a couple weeks sooner than me? And if you are planting seeds outdoors, they may not be mature enough to flower until it's too late, when the days start getting too long to flower.
    I am growing sativa dominate bag seeds.

I have been growing a few plants through the winter just to see what happens. I use CFL's on a timer to interrupt the dark cycle from 1am to 2am.  They live outside under clear corrugated patio roofing material and wide open sides. Temps here overnight usually dip into the mid to low 30's. These winter plants should be twice as big as they are, but they look very green and healthy. No brown tips or anything. Having a battle with snails, though.