Vacuum seal / storage

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Floyd000, Oct 6, 2019.

1. I need to find a way to store weed for a long time without opening it.
    I Tried vacuum seal the bags but it crush them so much that the nice looking buds are compressed completely and look like b grade bud.
    Is it right to do a 100% vacuum or should I leave a little bit air inside?

If I store it in a glass after a few months the weed gets brown and loose the fresh smell if I don't open it every 1-2 weeks.

When I look at pictures from vac sealed pounds in the us it doesnt look like complete compressed buds, the buds look still nice or am I wrong?

After I vac seal my weed it's looks not like a1 bud anymore, how does the Industrie do this vac seal stuff and storage on professional level?

2. I've stored in jars for over a year. Sounds like your jars weren't air tight or the humidity inside the jar wasn't optimal

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah glass is the best and works great, but they are too big and can't store them outside the house like I could vacuum sealed bags.

4. That's also what happened when I vacuum sealed in a bag, it compressed the buds a little too much. If it's for your own use it shouldn't make any difference though. Temp, humidity, light, and oxygen cause THC to degrade faster, you can work on controlling all of them. I've added oxygen absorber packets to jars and it did keep them fresh longer. If you have a jar attachment for your vacuum sealer I'd put an oxygen absorber in the jar and then vacuum seal it. Perhaps you could even lower the moisture content so the humidity inside the jar is below 50% (after the cure of course) and rehydrate them before use. Store in a dark, cool place other than the refrigerator.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Have you thought about using boveda for storage In glass jars? It will regulate the humidity in the jar while in storage

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. If you want to spend the money you can get a "Foodsaver" vacuum with the wide mouth mason jar adapter and vacuum seal in any mason jar, which won't crush the buds.

There's also some hand-pump vacuum jars out there but i believe they are specialized jars that you buy, which can be pricey.
    "Budvac" makes a line of jars like that but probably not as cost effective if you want to do large amounts.