Vacuum Cleaner as Gift?

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by DongMin, Nov 19, 2015.

1. So Christmas is really near and I was hunting after various gift ideas for my family members, parents and wife. I was thinking about a lot of ideas, but most are useless as we already own those stuff and I'm trying to look for something useful for the household. My main path is "gifts that will help out in the daily life".
    So! I found out this article: http://bestvacuumscleaner.com/vacuum-cleaner-the-b... , and as you already can guess from the title, the topic is vacuum cleaners as christmas gift. I actually liked the idea, the article is very convincing I just wanted to hear more opinions about the issue. What do you think about buying one of the latest robotic vacuum cleaners as said in the article, to the house (in addition to some more "small gifts")? Would you like to get one from your family memebers?

Thanks for the helpers, and I hope it would be a great discussion, because it quite intersting issue.

2. I would love to get a super awesome vacuum cleaner as a gift... It's the kind of thing most people don't really want to spend their money on, so it's a super great gift!
    I say go for it!

3. Id be pissed too. Mom received a pack of soap as a gift from aunt, and I received anti-pimple solution from cousin at 13 grrr

4. mixed emotions. if you heard or noticed me looking at or wanting a vacuum, i'd be way thrilled, especially for a super nice one!

if you never noticed me showing interest in one, i'd be very pissed.

5. I returned the favor by giving the cousin on her birthday a shirt with Oscar the trash can Muppet

6. When I was 6 I stole my sisters favourite barbie doll and cut the hair off. She didn't know what happened to her doll until she unwrapped it for Christmas hahahahhahahaha

7. Practical gifts are best if everyone agrees ahead of time to follow suit. It's always nice to get something you NEED but it's awesome to get something you WANT.

8. Bong is always a good gift

for mom

9. #10 Buffalo Beano, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
    Really it depends on the person. My wife would absolutely love a vacuum cleaner for Christmas. My mother would also.

We owned a roomba about 6 years ago. We had an open concept house at the time so it was good for keeping the floors clean. But we still had to have a vacuum also for getting under furniture, baseboards and that sort of thing. Plus it only my lasted about 8 months before it but the dust.

10. seems like something my aunt would buy me for Christmas. one year she gave me an electric toothbrush lol

my family does something called naughty Santa though now that everyone is an adult.

11. I'd be pissed too, that's like getting a sewing machine .

12. So would my wife. A vacuum cleaner tells her to "clean my house". She would buy me a lawnmower in return.

13. Go on.. ?

14. It really depends. Has she said anything about needing a vacuum? Or said anything about just wanting useful gifts? If not, I think I'd avoid it, a lot of people want a present that's nice for them, and not just something needed around the house. Some might even take it as you saying they don't clean enough :laughing:

The robotic vacuum idea is cool, but I think the same rules would still apply.

15. Why don't you buy a sandwich maker so somebody can make you sandwiches while their at it, lol!

16. no pun intended? :D

But absolutely concur with the notion that the robotic ones are cool but have limited functionality. They sound great in theory but have to be emptied frequently. Oh, and then there are add-on expenses with some of them to get the electronic-fence sort of things...

It was fun watching the cats try to chase it though...

17. #18 Spezza19, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2015
    as a woman hater .. i absolutely love the idea!
    make sure u tell her to hurry and get back to doing the dishes while your at it there chief.

perhaps you could get her a pool vacumn too!

ugh bro. no one wants a fuckin vacumn.

you keep this shit up bro & you will be gettin a divorce for your anniversary gift.