vacationing

Discussion in 'General' started by daiseyduked, Aug 17, 2005.

1. my best friend and i have decided to take a vacation together!! somewhere hot. it is soooo needed by both of us. a beach, drinks and a few cabana boys would be good;) i've never been outside of canada, so i'm surfin the net checkin some stuff out. any good recomendations someone could suggest? i've heard mexico has some nice beaches....

2. should you end up in Daytona Beach, FL, give me a holler - i know a couple fun places to hang out at the beach, and a few great places to eat. I'd be happy to send you some ideas =)

the all inclusive deals that they run in Mexico can be great deals, though - and you dont have to worry about spending money when you are on the trip

3. thnx;)

we're talking more along the lines of dominican republic or mexico. daytona beach looks nice but i want something more....exotic..:)

4. skip all that and go to Amsterdam...;) that's awfully exotic!

5. ^^^not enough, id say hawaii,jamaica??,or burmuda(sp?)

6. ive heard very good things about the all inclusive trips to mexico and jamaica. like geo said, you spend very little out there

7. Rocky Point, Mexico...

one of my relatives who lives in phoenix arizona goes there quite a bit...my family went down there recently and had a freakin blast.

check it out, its up around the northern end of the Gulf of California..not too far from the US border. i dont know if you want to go somewhere more tropical...but as far as mexico goes this is the only place that anyone i know has vacationed. (usually when people "go to mexico" around here they mean Juarez!! gross!!!!)

8. D.R. is probably a good choice. its very exotic. its carribean? i guess santo domingo is not that bad. also maybe anything in the carribean. venezuela,puertorico,bahamas

9. ooo def. all inclusive,we're not there to sight see (maybe a tad, walk around, people watch) or to eat great food even. just need to veg out and have a good time. there's lots of nice places to go to. it's not easy just picking one. mexico i think is lookin pretty good.

i'd love to go to amsterdam, but that's a diff vaction trip. lol. for now it's beach and drinks. i'll check out this rocky point:)

thnx for the ideas, i've checked out a lot on mexico but i haven't checked out jamaica yet. or bermuda, man there's lots to look at.

10. Yes mexico is very fun. Where ever you go, have a blast.

11. daisey, I would suggest a trip to jamaica. The things I hear, the smoke, the mushroom tea, the sea, the people, scenery, beaches, make me want to book a flight and a place to stay there forever. I have a few different friends that go every year, they speak so fondly of it. So-thats my suggestion. I wish I could say I had been but I havent yet. If I were to choose to go anywhere though, this would be the place. no doubt. :cool: