Vacationing in Barcelona/Madrid

Discussion in 'General' started by fluxo, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Hey GC People,

I'm traveling to Barcelona and probably Madrid in December. Was wondering if anyone here who lives there or has been there has any recommendations for things to do / places to go.

It will be me and my brother (2 college kids) basically looking to have a good time. Recommendations I'm looking for include, but are not limited to: Cool headshops, places to smoke, places to get bud, bars, clubs, pubs, parties, etc.

What it comes down to is I'm looking for what is fun to do in Spain as a 20 year old. Keep in mind, I'm flying into Barcelona and will be spending most of my time there, but I'm hoping to take the train to Madrid for a couple days.

Thanks for any help!

Btw, our flight stops in the Netherlands for only 2 hours on the way home (what a tease right!?), but I'm trying to get it moved so that we get at least a night in Amsterdam so I will (hopefully) be posting another thread looking for recommendations there as well.

2. Check the link in my sig for traveling info, hope it helps in finding a friendly 420 vacation spot

3. Great site, thanks! +rep