Vacation :)

Discussion in 'General' started by Dizzy, May 4, 2017.

1. Once Mariah is 6 monthes old or so all 4 of us are taking a trip to my country (Jamaica) and and my husbands (Ireland) I am really looking forward to this because I have never been there before. so I was just wondering who all has ever left the own country and went somewhere else before? I did it once when I came to the U.S and it felt weird to be here at first but i'm used to it now. I hope the Irish people are chill over there lbvs.

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. lucky! I wish I have been other places besides the US... I dont like it here anymore, so much hate... But that probably because Im in a highly conservative state where people have fucked up beliefs and have no clue of anything other than their own small town lol. I hear Ireland is beautiful tho! It looks like it to from pictures and videos... Happy Travels!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

3. You should go somewhere man the world is a big place it would be new and exciting I bet. Before my time is up I want to go to Tokyo Japan as well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I know right? Im trying to see the entire world :D I should of went when I was younger... but now Im in college and hopefully one day Ill be in a place where I can travel. Tokyo has always been t the top of my list as well, mainly for the car culture, and I also loved the stories of samurais and what they stood for... I feel I can relate to it because I as well am a man of honor.. Brazil is pretty high in the list for me too... I want to see Carnival! Jamaica, Netherlands, Sweden, Ireland, Scotland, then Spain, France, Italy, I could keep going... LOL literally EVERYWHERE #dreams

But thats awesome you guys are just doing it! It would be cool for you guys to go back later on too when your kids are old enough to understand where they come from ya know?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Enjoy your time over seas!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Have fun, Tonika! I think @SmokinP would be able to tell you a bit about Ireland if he's up to it? :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. ROFL @ your herem-baes link.. now trump is elected and its back to a hate filled country...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Took a camping/fishing trip when I was a kid with my family to Manitoba (Canada).

Back when you didn't need passports to get into Canada...

• Like Like x 3
  9. I've been to Canada and Mexico, but neither really count because in Canada I was stuck in the mountains for a month and Mexico was just for tequila.

Good fuckin' tequila though, good fuckin' tequila...Enjoy your trip, don't end up in the hills, can't trust them hill people.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. This sounds like the best vacay evaaaa
    Take lots of pics! ;D

Last time I was in Jamaica was on a hs graduation trip with my mother. I still remember I slipped away from her for a few minutes to secretly buy a pipe. She ended up nearly catching me but didn't. Hahahah, ahhh memories.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Hell yes dude!! Canada will probably be my first stop, I used to have friends that lived all over Canada but I have lost touch with them. I bet it was beautiful up there thooo I want to go to B.C. and see the forests and smell the air lol and of course the buds :p

• Like Like x 3
  12. LOL did you hear the banjo playing?? The mountains wouldnt be so bad as long as your warm and have enough weed :D and sureeee Mexico didnt count, you just went for tequila huh?? you mean you dont remember the rest of the trip!! LOL Im just kidding bro :p You know when I was 18-22 my life plan was to work and save all my money and retire to Mexico by the time I was 35... Dont look like its going to happen, lol!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I live in the Dakota's so Manitoba really reminded me a lot of home.

It was nice though. I got a little taste of their culture. Their currency is quite a bit different.. we had to exchange $1 bills to get "loonies" as they call them (1 dollar coins in Canada) to do our laundry in the campground. Their gas prices were interesting, too. They pay by the liter, and if I remember it was like $3/liter at the time. Which is crazy expensive. This was also in the early 2000's though, everything was a little tense back then. And something I'll never forget is people giving us grief for having an American flag hanging on our camper. We got boo'd and yelled at by a few other campers in the campground. That's really the only one negative I can remember.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  14. Hill people see the World differently, not sure if it is the altitude or lack of society.

Had weed and was warm in Canada, just didn't leave the mountain...Who doesn't go to Mexico just for the tequila? Good thing you didn't, Mexico is a warzone these days, still gotta try the tequila though.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Have fun in your travels, Tonika. :) Sounds like an epic vacation...

I went to Mexico for an afternoon when I was five. And went just over the border into British Columbia to spend a night camping, when I was a teenager. All my Navy service was stateside. :confused_2:

Someday, perhaps. I'd like visit India.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Thanks you guys!

@Bougie_Blues what cities in Jamaica did you visit?

• Like Like x 2
  17. LOL yes sadly Americans are not well liked throughout the World, or so I hear lol But Im suprised you caught shit from the Canadians, I was always told they are extremely nice there. But I guess its like anywhere else in the World, you got cool people and you got shitty people lol I think the gas is high there because they pay for free college and healthcare with it..

• Like Like x 2

18. I think everyone should go to Jamaica at least once its beautiful mostly i luv it there. My oldest daughter is 6 I think she will remember it.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Its looks like paradise! I know its funny talking about seeing a place through the eyes of a T.V. set or the interwebs, but I seen a couple shows on Vice (tv channel) that really made me think I could live there lol! Have a little boat to take tourists on little sight seeing trips, smoke a little spliff, drink a little, hack a little cookout on the back of the boat.. Thatd be the life, ya?

• Like Like x 2
  20. Indeed!

If you're looking for any info re Ireland hit me up @Original Tonika

• Like Like x 3