Vacation

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ElBeeroMan, Feb 7, 2007.

1. I am going on vacation for a week and was wondering if I should start a grow before I go or after I go. If I started before I go I would put them into veg for at least two to three weeks prior. I will be using CFL lights during veg. Can a plant survive without water for a week prior to flowering? if so how would I go about doing that.

2. Wait if possible. Young plants in smaller pots need more frequent watering.

If you can veg them for 4 weeks or so before you have to leave then they might be OK for a week, depends on your conditions. If you do, try to transplant them into deep pot a week or more before you are going to go, give them a week to get established and over the shock of transplant, then just before you leave water them thoroughly and be sure to water them first thing when you get back.

You will also need to be careful about your CFL placement -- too far away and CFLs are pretty ineffective, but if the plant grows in your absence and touches the bulb it will get fried.

3. i just couldnt leave my house with my lights on my plants for a week ,dont know if im just a paranoid stoner but i allways worry about something catching fire ,i h8 leaving the house for long whilst my lights are on ,ive worked it out that when im at work is the dark period and the lights are only on whilst im home .