Va. To Study Benefits of Selling Marijuana at ABC Stores

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Laughing Grass, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Va. To Study Benefits of Selling Marijuana at ABC Stores

Study will look at potential revenue benefits

Source: Va. To Study Benefits of Selling Marijuana at ABC Stores | NBC4 Washington

2. #2 thaSPACEkadet, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
    wicked. :cool:

I wonder what the legality will be in the town, if it'll be some what like Amsterdam. If so the sales and David Englin will go something like this:

David at 0:02 seconds

Righteous justice at 0:04 seconds

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91rPIq2mN4]wtf boom - YouTube[/ame]

3. Yeah, I heard about this earlier today. Seems interesting. Hopefully the measure gets passed and they get 'good numbers' back. One step closer for shitty 'ol Virginia!

:bongin:

4. Forward thinking like that will have lobbyist beating his door down to change his mind.

Makes you wonder why a state that doesn't have a legalization bill,tmk,before them but are researching how to sell it. It tells me that politicians are starting to recognize just how much taxes and keeping the "green" market money here could mean to state budgets.

Greed created marijuana prohibition and greed will end it.

5. Id LOVE for this to take effect, it would be a great start for a legalization movement in the bible belt and hell i might run up there and try some if it passes :)

6. dear god I hope they pass this. There are 3 ABC's within 5 mins walking of me

7. Great news! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

8. Yeah, I think it's sick that money is the only way for politicians to even think about ending prohibition. BUT as long as it becomes decriminalized/legalized/whatever I'm happy. I just wish they would see it as a natural plant that saves people's fucking lives. :smoke:

9. Damn. The Dems so BADLY wish to bring all things cannabis under their control, and the Pubs seem to like to hedge their bets to the other side to continue with law and order punishment.

Using liquor stores gives it instant credibility, as people LOVE their socially-accepted booze, so it's less shocking in a Southern state to propose sales at a liquor store rather than allow new business to be developed for a new industry which could benefit millions when jobs are so badly needed.

Politics sure are interesting. I can't decide which side are the bigger fascists anymore. :rolleyes::D

10. We don't have two parties anymore,,they are now Republicrats.

11. nice one tex. I think it would be awesome to see the liquor sore culture transform with the integration of cannabis. They'll need to invent new ways to cope with weekend and holiday traffic flows.

12. Lets us pray to whatever god there is to LET THIS HAPPEN. I can only hope and then vote for the party who is going to endorse this, and then hope some more.

13. Britt - they're just getting documentation to use as proof that cannabis can and WILL make shit loads of money for the states, and they will use the evidence to help in elections. Now, whether or not they actually start selling cannabis in liquor stores, who knows?

14. Whether they even study selling marijuana through liquor stores or not,the shot was heard around the world and carries a strong significance,,a state with no active mmj or even a legalization bill in the works looking at a safe way to sell marijuana says a lot and you can be sure the drug czar heard it.

I understand that VA is attempting to activate/update their mmj law,one of the oldest,so that it can be implemented,,it was written that doctors had to prescribe marijuana and no doctor would do that,,loss of medical license after all that schooling and training would really suck.

15. When is the vote? are how do they determine if they will do this. Haha i hope it passes even though Im not 21 prices would drop like crazy and any one who lived or lives in va no that weed is pretty Fuckin expensive around these parts!! haha i wonder how they will get there supplies cause i bet they will move 2-3 pounds a day

16. uhh... they'll grow it? maybe?

17. Not going to happen. It would have to be legalized first. This guys is just sounding like a jack ass. Only liquor stores will sell it. Let's get real

18. Those of you who live in virginia,should email this guy your support.If he gets enough people behind him,its possible to get some laws changed right now.Don't let this chance pass you by.

19. Anyone know what came of this, if anything?

20. As with a lot of bills submitted to legislatures,,it is being researched by the committees,,,no word other than it is still active,,,probably will be ignored because of the lobby money floating around right now to keep it ignored.:devious: