VA legalization passes Senate. Legal July 1!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by moabfighter, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Groundbreaking for everyone in VA! Congrats!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Fuckin Awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. This is great news for the south, are you listening GA? Virginia was able to get past some heavy opposition, the usual cops and church politicians, to gain this freedom. Well done, we need more.

• Like Like x 2
  4. This only decriminalizes and does not legalize the selling or growing of pot. As im in north caroluna, it wouldve been nice to have legal weed in virginia but no dice

• Like Like x 1
  5. For now. They’re gonna revise it and make it better. It’s a great start for the state.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Agreed, it’s a great move forward. I’d be over the moon to get “only decriminalized” weed in this hell hole southern state I’m in, where growing is still a felony.

7. the effective dates are throwing me for a loop.. one says July 1st 2021 and another says 2023.

It *seems* that basic recreational/personal/home growing is effective July 1st, and all the other regulatory business type laws are going to take until 2023.

can anyone verify this?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I just seen a news report that sliced up an Elon poll in NC about most people being in favor of legal weed. When folks start choosing VA instead on NC for vacations we will see some rumbles from the tourist industry in NC.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Theyre saying 2024 for recreational sales and i believe this summer some time for growing your own and decriminalization. Congrats virginia! Im in a deep state of envy. Now lets go north carolina!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Asheville will have to step up to the plate and just do IT! F the rest of the State

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I wish I could somehow confirm the growing this summer being legal. That would be just amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That would be nice. An Ag friendly state like that shouldn’t have a problem with that choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I have a bad feeling that if it does get passed through all the committees and shit, they will still end up making us wait until 2023-2024.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. They passed something that looks good today but it’s delayed.

15. Yep, another almost 3 years to wait... So disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #17 Bent, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    The bill that was passed allows home cultivation of up to four plants. Legalization on July 1st of this year. Retail sales will not be established until 2024, but many parts of the bill have to be re-worked and voted on next year. However, the legalization of possession of up to an ounce and home cultivation will be law July 1st and do not need to be voted on again.

Hopes are that they fix some of the stupid stuff before retail comes on line, like open container in vehicle and the speed at which the regulatory framework is completed.

Here is the entire bill (possession and cultivation are addressed on page 156): https://lis.virginia.gov/000/senatecannabisenrolled.pdf

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yay! VA bro here. I was watching all of the proceedings live yesterday and I'm so psyched about the results. The retail distribution will be nice in 2024, but honestly I'm way more exciting about home cultivation being legal this Summer. I've never grown my own but have always wanted to. Time to learn and plan, man! Woot!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Congratulations and a mighty salute. Start up a grow thread to go with that freedom garden.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I know right? But who needs retail when you can grow your own. But then again not everybody can so I just answered my own question.

• Like Like x 1