V/H/S What did i just watch?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by OutdoorGrowDude, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Okay so I'm going through Netflix and find this movie called V/H/S. I just watched it and it was so fucking weird. Does anyone know what this movie means or what it's about? Or is this just a straight up horror film with no story what so ever. It seemed like these stories didn't correlate with each other but maybe they did? I'm so confused after watching this. If you haven't seen this, watch it cause it's fucked. People who have seen it could you give me insight maybe?

2. I saw it as well, literally have no idea what it was about. Best part of the movie = tits at start.

3. loool idk I saw it..was bored as fuck that day an was like hmm not bad..my fav story was with that one vampire/creature chick :p its kinda one of those natural what the fuck movies..

4. This movie was kind of awesome actually, I thought haha. It's a story that tells multiple stories, the guys break in and find all those VHS tapes on the floor, and each other story is one of the VHS tapes. At least that's what I got out of it. A very similar movie on Netflix is The Theatre Bizzare. Same concept, but even more fucking weird.

5. Yes I agree lol

6. Yea as soon as she showed up I'm like this chick is psycho as hell with those eyes and shit haha

7. Oh I agree. It was a pretty sweet movie. It's just at the end I literally said out loud what in the fuck?! Lol I thought there was gonna be some sort of explanation. Nope I was wrong haha.

8. Also if you've seen 8213: Gacy House. That last story with the 3 or 4 guys or whatever looked exactly like that house. That story was my favorite.

9. #9 RollinGanja, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
    Just watched it, immediatly thought of this thread. So hands down one of the best wtf movies I have ever seen. It completely had every bit of attention I had. I only had two questions after, first, I wondered which tapes was the one that they were actually hired to find and why. Second, why the fuck did that old guy die? Was it from his collection of fucked up tapes and the ghost could get to him via vhs, like the Ring concept? I dont know, but what I do know is that I completely liked the hell out of it! People would recognize true horrer films if this made it on the big screen!

Fuck completely forgot another question! Why the fuck was that guy helping those ghost children with that half human half alien shit?? This completely made me confused :confused_2:

10. just another shitty found footage film. i was so disappointing when i saw this shit.

11. My sister was telling me about this movie but I haven't seen it yet.

12. I wouldn't say it's shitty, but it definitely recycles a bunch of clichés that we've all seen a million times.

13. I can't believe no one has mentioned the forest scene. :eek:

"You're all gonna fuckin die here".

And then that thing that distorted the camera and pulled her intestines out???

:bolt:

14. Cliché? What other movies are like this one or it's sub stories?

15. It's not so much the content of the movie as the way the content is presented. The whole "found footage" thing has been used and reused a million times. It's just my opinion that it's cliché though, we all have different perspectives of it and I'm not going to smash how you feel about it!

16. Lol yeah I'm not looking to rage about it, just wanted to know other titles you knew that might've been similar. I liked how it was just a bunch of different short horror stories. Kind of loosely reminded me of a more creepy and gory twilight zone.

17. I liked the movie, but it didn't live up to the hype. A lot of people in the horror scene were raving about this movie so I heard a lot of hype about the movie before I ever saw it.

Some of the segments were lame, others were pretty awesome... I really liked the effects in the haunted house storyline.
    I'm not a fan of the found footage movie genre though. And although this movie changed up in each story kinda how the story was being filmed, it got old by the end of the movie. And also, I usually never get this way from movies or games or anything.. but by the end of the movie I had a headache and felt a little motion sickness and just wanted the movie to end lol

18. I really liked it. Found it interesting.

19. I loved V/H/S. I love Ti West, director of the second segment "Second Honeymoon", with the couple who run into the weird chick who needs a ride. If you dug that one, check out his other films House of the Devil and The Innkeepers, both are gr8

20. I liked the Innkeepers, and the House of the Devil was okay... it dragged a little too much for me, dug all the 80s nostalgia though.