UVB Light Duration

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by KamelRedLight, Feb 8, 2007.

1. How long do you leave a UVB bulb on your flowering plant? I've heard 2 hrs max, I've heard all day. I'm using a Zoomed 10% UVB bulb, for desert reptiles. I don't want to harm my plant, can I give her too much?

2. I read that too much too soon will burn the leaves of your plant. Start out with 15min intervals then bump it up as you monitor your plant for burning.

3. http://www.uvguide.co.uk/compactlamps.htm
    In the lower middle of the page it shows a chart of this bulb's intensity as it varies with distance. They even have a chart with it in a polished aluminum reflector, exactly what I have! Cool. So at the distance I have the light from the plant, about 6-8 inches, it isn't very intense at all compared to a sunny day in Illinois, as I read here. So I'm thinking it may be ok to just leave it on. I will take your advice to watch for burning though, that's the last thing I need.

Any thoughts about what I've come up with? Or if there's a time I should stop, like before harvest or something? Thanks for the help.