Uv Lights

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ale123, Jun 19, 2003.

1. hello... is uv lights the ones that people use for tanning any good ? Is I think a 300 watt lights to be plug in a standard 13 amp socket .... thanks

2. $45 150w HPS at home depot

3. I've read that plants grown high in mountains receive more UV light, making their resin more potent. I would hook one up in a minute, combined with HPS is probably as good as it gets.

4. UVb increase resin content. Resin is produced in order to protect the plant from these UV rays. Sun screen if you like.

In addition to this, and I'm only going on told knowledge here (cheers Med), it is also crucial in the coinversion of CBD acid to THC acid.

"In the laboratory, (scientists) have converted CBD acid to THC acids by exposing a solution of CBD acid in n-hexane to unltraviolet light of 235-285 nm." - R.C. Clarke (Marijuana Botany pg132).

And as we all know THC is the primary "good shit".

What i would be careful of is "adding" too much UV to the spectrum. Turning on a UV light in addition to HPS (MH already give out trace amounts of UVb) will add a substantial amount more than is contained naturally.

It may be worth considering putting them on a seperate timer and cycling them on for a few minutes every hour and gradually work up until an optimum amount is reached.

Peace.

Grasscity Deals Near You