UV light? For flowering

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Freeborn, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Hello all

So once again I turn to you thanks in advance

I've seen led light now from California light works (the only led i would ever buy)that come with a UV light that you only turn on the last 3 weeks of flower now I am running a 1000 hps and was wondering if I would see any result from introducing some UV light during the same last 3 weeks of flower

The claim gain is a fully finished plant as if it were grown with the true sun full spec Idk I've talked with an owner of one of these lights and he says its a big difference but he's also using led lights so the whole thing is going to be different

The bulbs are 160 watts for reptiles and such and are like 50 bucks

Thanks for the response

Sent from iPhone 5

2. I think the added uv light increases resin production it's like the plants natural defense from the harmful uv rays. But I kno there are a few types of uv light and I'm not sure which one the plant would benefit the most from.

Worth a try in my opinion

3. #3 BYOweed, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
    Exactly^ Trichomes are a defense mechanism, one defence being against UV light. So the plant will defend itself by creating more trichomes and more cannabinoids.

Check out this video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfiI78uN3Ks&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I did extra research to ensure what he was saying is accurate. I have 2 26w UVB bulbs and the buds that are directly under my bulbs have much more trichs and also stink a bit more

You should have something like a 1:10 ratio. So if you have 1000w, 100w of UVB will suffice

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Sweet thanks guys

Sent from iPhone 5

5. High concentrations of UV light is also deadly/ detrimental to many pathogenic plant fungi. Interesting to consider...

6. Ok I went and got a 160 watt UV bulb and its on the same timers as the 1000 watt light so we shall see if it really helps it was like 90 bucks for the bulb and the clam socket it's hot to but the fan and AC it hasn't made any heat difference

image-2279690781.jpg

Sent from iPhone 5

image-3871292954.jpg

7. Isn't this only specifically UVC light?

8. One bud has been directly under a UVB bulb and the difference between it and a bud across the canopy is stunning.\t I'm sure you'll notice a difference within a week or two

9. He'll yeah thanks guys

Sent from iPhone 5

10. I think metal halide bulbls put off some sort of uv light aswell. Don't hold me to that but if its true a mixture of MHz and hps light during the last few weeks of flowering may also improve resin production.

11. I have a 150 watt UV bulb that kicks on every 15 min during flower I'm going to use it for the whole cycle and see what happens already I can see more tric production

Sent from iPhone 5

12. Its highly beneficial and yeah trich production goes nutz. I got 2 600 watt hps and a 600 mh for this very reason. Love indoor mixed spectrum nugs. So frosty. Love that videoby marijuana man used to watch his show back in the day on pot tv. Man im old. Hahaha

13. Thanks guys I'm excited to try this out

Sent from iPhone 5

14. Ok UV light for flowering I think so only 20 days and look at the trics

image-107533235.jpg

I have it turn on every 15 min for 15 the whole flower time all 12 hrs a day

Sent from iPhone 5

15. Looks GREAT!

Told ya you'd notice a difference, just so much more trichome production :D

16. Oh I know I'm really happy good investment
    Thanks man I had no idea this whole time

Sent from iPhone 5

17. Do you think that it's set at a good interval 15 on and 15 off for the 12 hrs

Sent from iPhone 5

18. May be bad for the bulbs but other than that I don't see a problem. I have mine run continuously for 6 hours in the middle of the 12hrs of light

19. Ohhhh more like a mid day type thing and better for the bulb I'm going to change it right now

Sent from iPhone 5