Utilization of bud that is possibly ruined.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by clint torres, May 7, 2012.

1. Hey guys,

I have two different type of bud that were harvested first. Unfortunately, as a beginner i tried to be mr. Pro and use a loupe to judge triches instead of what was working for us before, judging by hair color ratios. So I picked these about 10-14 days early. Still COVERED in crystals.

small plants, 12 -14 inches at end as flower was started early

I have about 1/4 oz. of bud that was a day too dry for a good cure and smells "hayey" and about 3/8 oz of some church that went okay. Light smell of coffee and floral maybe but real light. These were the first real good buds I've had since I started trying to learn and I haven;t had the luxury of some one saying, "cut them now" or "jar them now".

Lastly I had a strawberry blue that had gotten some root damage in transplant but turned out fine, 3 weeks late. That's about 5/8 oz. it's going into jars tonight or in the morning as they are still moist but starting to have that "springiness" to them.

The last try I made was 6 months ago. My dog that I had the time died, but while it was approaching he was shedding all his hair and got completely in the bud. It wasn't a loss as it was way too over fed and I didn't know yet how to flush them.

This time around I went to the hardware store and bought some rolls of fine window screen. I hung one roll from in front of the doorway to the space. Then I took pieces of screen that I cut from another roll and covered all of the faces of the fans and the a/c vent. This really brought the hair down to a really fair minimum. There are a FEW hairs here and there, but they are getting rarer.

MAIN POINT =======>>>>>>

I do not mind a stray hair or two, it happens but i am seeing some carpet fiber in the bud. Same deal, it's just not that much but it's carpet fiber. You know, synthetics.

So between the poor curing practice, early harvest and carpet fibers, is there ANY way to salvage the bud?

I have thought of using a fine wire strainer to through which to grind the pot hoping that it will take care of the fiber. I have thought of a silk screen but only have, at best, in the end of the third plant a total of about an oz to 1.25 oz of finished bud.

Would anyone strain it and smoke it?
    Cooking with it?
    I would actually like to make it into some nice extract, but again I only have 1.25 oz. Is this at all enough? I don't want to do the silkscreen. I know i don't really have enough for the ice bucket.
    I don't have any access to one of those butane extractors nor do i know if i have enough. I actually may have one way but...

so the only solution i keep coming back to is honey oil. made with everclear right? But i read that you have to heat it on a low set hotplate for a while to evap off the booze and some of the liquid's volume right. Bad deal as i am near in proximity to my neighbors so i am assuming it would stink right?
    Again, is this enough bud and if so, seeing as it is a small amount, shouldn't I be able to just let the booze evaporate for a couple of days. Would that be good or do you need the heat to get that nice "honey oil amber" color.

I am perplexed to heck as I want to use this some how.

If you got through my blabbering, thank you for taking the time and any and all opinions will be appreciated.

2. #2 Doc-J, May 7, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    I would start a new grow for smokable weed. Then I would take any current bud I didnt want to smoke and make hash. Then add the hash to whatever smokable product I had left and hope it last until next harvest.

Everclear now is available in 151 and like 198 proof, get the highest you can. I used pga, 198 proof. Soaked my material for two days, double strained into a pyrex bowl. Then just put that in my tent with a fan on it for 24 hours, then scraped up the oil into a small glass paint bottle from the hobby store. A qwiso method, you only soak for about a minute. Its suppose to be a more pure product, but lower yield. I got about 10% return, or about 20g from 200g of trim. Pretty good hash though.

If you want a more solid priduct that is easier to add to joints or bowls without getting oil everywhere, then just add in kief or powedered bud and mix it into the oil until you achieve the desired consistency.

3. oil? what is the correct method?

4. [quote name='"clint torres"']

oil? what is the correct method?[/quote]

I edited in my method in my last post, sorry.