Utah kids turn in dad for pot possession

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by JustAPipeDream, Jul 8, 2011.

1. #1 JustAPipeDream, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
    Police: Utah kids turn in dad for pot possession

SALT LAKE CITY – Authorities say a Utah man was arrested after his two children called police to report that he had marijuana in the house.
    The [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]Salt[/FONT][/FONT]
    [/COLOR] Lake Tribune reports the man was charged Tuesday with two third-degree felony charges of child endangerment and one class B misdemeanor accusing him of possession of a controlled substance.
    The man's name wasn't reported.
    The newspaper says the man was found to have 23.9 grams, or almost an ounce, of marijuana in his Salt Lake City home.
    Authorities say his children, ages 13 and 12, found the drug and called police.

Source FoxNews.com

All the D.A.R.E programs finally put someone behind bars... to bad these kids don't realize they just lost their Father to the justice system. The Feds training to call the cops first helped put another family at risk of being dysfunctional. After he serves time and/or fines it'll be hard for him to find a job with felonies of that kind. Putting jobs on the table Obama says? Sounds more like in the Judicial System really.
    [/COLOR]​

2. What a joke. Thats why people need to educate there kids.

3. Ah, the "Hitler Yugend" mentality!

4. i almost did this but then i thought it wouldn't be a smart thing to do without confirming, then i did some research, found some pro marijuana sites on google luckily, saw how good it was, never questioned again. this was at 12 years old

then one day i told my dad to see what he would say for shits and gigs (i was almost 13) and he sat me down and said, "son, that was my marijuana you found. i just wanted to let you know that has been there for years (note: i know it wasnt it changed sizes all the time i was always checking it out lol once even found what id say a couple zones hidden lol) and im not that guy that does drugs. im not that drug head getting fucked up and out of control" and that was it lol

5. Shit eh?
    If I ever turned my dad in like that when I was a kid, I would've been out on the streets at 12, =P
    Maybe they should've talked to their dad about it first, before they fucked up their relationship with him.

6. Wow. You know what probably happened? Those bad ass little kids probably broke something and the dad grounded them for it. Then they found the pot and called the cops to get back at dad. Hahaha they were probably laughing their asses off when the cops came and arrested him.

Lets see who's laughing when those little fuckers are screwed over by the system and get split up to two different foster homes. You would think a 12 and 13 year old would have some basic knowledge on how to think before you act.

7. Damn mormons.

8. I'm thinking the same thing except that it was their pot.. He found it and took it.. Kids got pissed and reported him for it.. :eek:

:smoke:

9. this whole story is sad.

10. The government play with the children's mind,rather than their parent's

11. #11 Twzted, Jul 8, 2011
    this is what I worry about as a parent of a 12 year old. I light 3 incense and hide in the bathroom like a damn criminal, blowing smoke out the window, feeling like a heroin addict because we live in a nice neighborhood and I feel like any of his friends or their parents would flip out and call on me. I'm sure my son must know something, he does have a sense of smell,and he knows my views on marijuana. he has tested the waters with questions about it, and I have explained to him how I feel about it. when he comes right out and finally asks me I will be upfront with him about my use. I will tell you one thing though, if ever he needs something or calls my name I am always there. I am not a heroin addict, I pay attention to my son, he is in Scouts and does well in school, and we are very involved in that...I do not just sit around getting high every minute not paying any attention to the child I had, it's call sneaking a toke, finding a place now and then to get a hit and feel refreshed again. I am a mother and wife and my pot use does not in any way affect the detail I give to those 2 jobs!!!

12. really that's what every parent should do.

13. my son is only 8, but he knows damn well that if we have a problem than it can be handled by the family, I can confidently say that he would never call the police unless it was an absolute emergency. that being said, it would be ass woopin time as soon as i bonded out.

14. I heard about those Utah Bastards, .....aka the "Mormon Cartel"

15. Daamn, I wonder how those kids will feel in a few years, when their dad has felony convictions because of an ounce of weed.

I KNOW I wasn't this stupid when I was 13. Hell, it was only 6 years ago. Did these kids think for a second about the consequences?

Cops probably gave the kids a pat on the back "you did the right thing, boys":rolleyes:

16. #16 SwichOne, Jul 8, 2011
    gayest..... kids..... ever.....

17. Dad obviously missed his DARE classes. Shame on him. :rolleyes:

18. omg this is sooo fucked up. These kids are going to have to deal with what they've done for a long time..

19. makes me not want to have kids. this is the dads fault though in the end for not educating his kids at all about pot and just letting them get their info about it from schools in utah.

20. I swear this just happened.