Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using weed to deal with depression/anxiety

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Cplus, Dec 19, 2015.

1. I want to use weed to work out my problems and come up with solutions I can use to take action to improve my life as I have a lot of shit going on and I hear weed makes you more creative.

Problem is when I smoke I get into the negative mind set and just "woe is me" all over the place. It brings out my issues but I don't know what to do with the information it's giving me all I can think of while high and getting all this info is "what the fuck is wrong with me?"

That's pretty much my high every time. No epiphanys, no brilliant ideas. Just magnified problems I'm dealing with but have no idea what to do about.

Thoughts?

2. I have been wondering the same thing, since my early teens I've suspected anxiety and depression problems (Anxiety is usually an addition or product of depression), weed definitely help me with the depression (Sativa) but only for a few hours as I come down, or once I've came down and I can't stay medicated because of my job. But really I have no idea man, maybe weed won't help you solve your problems but won't make them worse, I just don't know or understand depression. But one thing I can tell you is: IT'S A BITCH

3. #3 s A t I v A, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
    careful using a drug to work out your problems

Attached Files:

4. Smoke indicas. Sativas can increase anxiety in some people. Everyones different. Indicas and ones with high CBD%. Try it. If this still magnifies your anxiety, I suggest you should take a break from weed and get to the root of your problem.

5. You may be caught in a blizzard whirlwind of emotions from a brainstorm out of your immediate control. My advice:

[​IMG]

6. Perhaps a change in diet can alternate your highs, incorporate some magnesium, vitamin B-complex, vitamin D, theanine, lactium, omega 3's and 6's. They are known for lessening stress, encouraging well-being, and removing depression and anxiety. 400-500 mg of Magnesium cured my social anxiety.

7. cannabis can bring out emotions. controlling it is key. i notice when im getting a bad trip and i just stop. smoking weed cured my depression immensely because i was more concentrated about getting high and how i act and under the influence how my brain thinks. i actually do think threshold highs work too. having threshold highs are nice honestly i feel pretty uplifted and anxiety is gone. anxiety is like famous through family generations so im just naturally anxious. its shitty but yeah basically weed distracted me from the stupid things that made me depressed. u really dont know how big of a smile i have when i think to myself i beat depression. Im happy!!!

8. You need to seriously consider whether you should use or not.

No room for additional negativity in life my friend.

9. I have diagnosed anxiety and depression. I don't smoke too often, but it really helps me with my anxiety.
    I really think you should see a doctor though if possible :( For me nothing has helped me more than antidepressants.

10. i just cured my anxiety. Its called meditation lol

11. It's not a good idea to use something even like weed as a crutch for problems like depression or anxiety, but it can definitely help if you're smart about it, as long as you don't become dependent on it to solve your issues and it helps you, go for it.

12. sorry for this to be long but i gotta say. i smoke everyday and i sorta "force" a dependency on weed because i cant eat or sleep. i used to have other problems but weed did actually help depression for sure for me and now those "other" problems sorta figured itself out. mainly now i smoke to eat/sleep, and i notice i function "normal" high. some could say thats sad. i notice the typical anexity i get from social interaction like idk the right words to say or whats funny. i have bad adhd like really bad and trying to focus sober is hard but if im high, even threshold highs im "normal" and i can focus. i choose when i want to and not want to focus and weed helps. helps me with school and the work. like it makes it enjoyable or more of a get it done motivator cuz im focused if i try. idk. I notice or i feel like i notice that weed actually helps. Tbreaks are hard for me. The no hunger but stomach empty so im physically hunger but not mentally if that makes any sense. so for my tbreaks i just smoke one dab so i can go to sleep. i deal with the hunger. never like ate a lot before smoking either. helped me gain 15lb im skinny. sooo point is i like feel like im "forcing" a dependency because it helps me eat, sleep, focus, i like being in altered state of consciousness. meditating like state of mind thinking bout life or future. i know i could stop if i really need to but i mean like right now my life is going great i could stop rn but why when my lifes going well so. my question is do u think im actually gaining an "addiction or dependence". i feel like im not but i wanna see another opinions

13. Weed has great medicinal uses. It's also a psychoactive drug.

Don't rely on it to help mental health issues. Go see a therapist.

As someone who waited until he was 21 to see a therapist I just want to tell you to just go. It can only help.

14. Weed is not for everybody and those with mental health issues should not rely on just weed to resolve them, as cannabis in a few people could exacerbate the issues. I am not saying it won't help but you must get to the underlying issues if you ever want to get better, just picking up a vape or a bowl/bong joint edibe etc... is not the answer.

15. Casper,

I agree and have a similar story. I'm glad to read that smoking has improved your life too. I retired about a year ago from the Navy. I've suffered from anxiety and depression for most of my life. After I retired I worked with a counselor to try to understand my continued anxiety. My depression has been under control with talk therapy and medication, but anxiety was still tormenting me. My therapist explained to me how my level of anxiety was kept at a heightened state for so long from constant stress that it had become my new "normal". So I was living with the constant stress from the fight or flight instinct, very unhealthy. Fortunately she also told me that you can reset your "normal". So one of the tools that I use and that has worked remarkably well is marijuana. I use it in conjunction with mindfulness, meditation, and breathing exercises. It has become an essential element for my well being. I smoke every day and usually most of the day. I am high at least 80% of my waking hours and I have smoked like this for months. I am able to function at a much higher level when I am high, excuse the pun. But here's the thing, my tolerance has increased to the point that I know I am high only because I feel the calming of anxiety and sereneness in my thoughts, but my outward appearance, what other people see of me, is that of a completely normal, functioning person. Unless I smoke say, two decent sized joints back to back in like 30 minutes by myself and my eyes tell off on me, you'd never suspect that I'm high. So for me, knowing that I can safely and productively function without experiencing debilitating anxiety while high makes me happy. I would much rather be dependent on this wonderful plant that mother nature has provided us versus being poisoned by the chemical solutions that big Pharma cooks up. And in case you're wondering, yes I plan to wean off the antidepressant medication under doctor supervision soon. Marijuana is great to just get high, but it is also a miracle plant that gives relief for those of us who suffer from sometimes debilitating health problems. The relief justifies any dependency concerns in my opinion. Keep toking and stay healthy!

16. Blast some music and do activities to not think