Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using weed like chew

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PlasticStaple, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Well, i remember hearing somewhere that you can get high from putting a pinch of weed inbetween your bottom lip and gums just like you would with chewing tobacco. I just tried and without i doubt i have a buzz....

Didnt think it would work but it defenitly does.

Comments?

• Like Like x 1
  2. No it doesnt work,

3. Sounds to me like a psychosomatic response. Also known as the Placebo effect. The brain is powerful enough to be able to imagine effects that aren't really there.

The argument against what you did is not just an opinion. it is based on scientifics facts which say that the THC and other cannabinoids cannot be aabsorbed without activating them with heat

4. What you feel is the placebo effect.

5. If it works for you, it works for you.
    However, there are tiny pieces of fiberglass in chewing tobacco that get it into your bloodstream fast There is none of this in weed, unless your dealer is trying to kill you. In addition to THC having to be activated and released, the chemical makeup of THC and tobacco are totally different. You're wither feeling a placebo effect or coming down from a real high. Don't waste your weed, man!:eek:

6. #6 TorchedX, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    You sir are a complete moron.

Name-calling doesn't float here. You've had enough time to red the rules. Please abide by them. *RMJL

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks guys.

I dont really know what else to say, ive been trying to snap out of it but i defenitly feel high.

Im aware that THC must be heat activated to release any effects but is there any other things in marijuana that could cause this feeling? You may be right though whoever suggested plabeco effect.

8. Quality post!

9. No. No there isn't. Do we not have a facepalm smily? Oh well.

10. Unless that shit was DANK and had trichomes like frosting, it's very likely you're feeling a placebo.

11. Well how would the level of THC determine wether or not you get high doing this. If like you said above there is no way for the THC to get in the bloodstreem by placing it inbetween your lower lip and gum with low grade weed then how would a higher grade weed make any differance?

12. Yeah it actually does.

Additives

There are few reports confirming exactly what additives are in smokeless tobacco, and it is very likely that brands vary in what and how much of each additive they use. Most companies mix in glass or fiberglass into each tin to cause abrasion to the lip, resulting in higher and faster nicotine absorption.

Straight off wikipedia.. Just heard it somewhere.

13. Well with high grade weed, you never know what was added to it/how much THC there is. It's highly unlikely, but maybe possible if laced with something.

14. #14 oldskoolgrower, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    90% of the THC is wasted when you eat or chew it without it having been burned or heated to the decarboxylation temperature of around 220F. Theoretically you can get high that way but it's very, very wasteful.

15. Why not just smoke it like a human being

16. Spoken like an expert.

17. :D Thanks for your help but im quite sure im not buying laced weed. I am talking about marijuana or THC not any other drug or any additive someone could have laced my weed with...

And oldskoolgrower, thank you. This is the response i was looking for.

Im not planning to stop smoking i was just curious if it is possible.

18. finally, the signature quote I was waiting for!!!

19. #19 PlasticStaple, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009

Im glad ive brought some humor into peoples lives :D.

And now even gladder that im in your sig.

20. So theoretically, if you were to decarboxylate your bud by cooking it in the oven for a brief period of time at a certain temperature, you could increase the effects given by putting it under your lip?

Still a stupid idea, just curious now.