Using veg switch only for clone? Nothing else?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ocmaster, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Use Basically only blue and no red, or white/soft color led. Tried to search Google but nothing. Just wondering if it effects the plant growth in anyways positive or negative. Just wondering.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2. A fresh clone needs VERY little light until it establishes a strong root system. Like so little light they would be fine in a humidity dome in the corner of a grow room under no direct lighting.

3. Let say it has root and is transplanted in a solo cup. The next stage after the clone.

4. Once it has a strong root system established treat it no differently than a seedling.

5. Correct. Since blue light is beneficial to help the plant early stage growth. The big benefit is shorter node, short plant. So what if we only use blue led without the white led?

6. Full spectrum lighting is desirable at all stages of plant growth. The old adage of "blue for veg, red for flower" doesn't quite hold up these days.

7. True and not trying to to go against it either. Each spectrum does certain things to a plant. If we took out the white and red and only leaves blue. Would be a cool experiment to conduct but as of now, it just a thought. Leaving out the white and red led and only let the plant focus on just blue will cause some type of undesirable and or desirable changes to the plant. Just a thought while high.

8. There are studies that support blue light is better during the veg stage and more red is needed for the flowering stage .. Holds true till this very day . If you know different please post a link to the facts

9. I'm not refuting that. But it is also very common knowledge that full spectrum light is ALWAYS better than ONLY "blue" light during veg and ONLY "red" light during flowering.

10. I understand that and I am not arguing against it. I am just saying for experimental purposes. What if we only use blue. Obviously every spectrum trump over only blue. Would using blue create a shorter plant with shorter nodes then blue with white led (given same watt usage and light intensity).

11. you will not see any difference in a side by side full spectrum vs only blue . go ahead and try your self