Using ultrasonic foggers?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Pedxing, Jun 10, 2010.

1. has anyone ever used a fogger in their hydro setup? i been looking at some foggers and wanted to know if any fogger would work?

2. I work in Ultrasonics which is a method of testing or pulsing/ reading pulses from a transducer may be a pulsing or very shortly timed way of finely misting your plants roots. The fogging method takes it a step further with very small droplets of water, smaller than the standard opening in a plants root system guaranteeing the most oxygen to the roots and the fastest growing method known at this time. That's my guess as I have never heard of Ultrasonic Foggers.

3. I am using an ultrasonic fogger in my hydro set up right now, but I can't really tell you if its effective yet because my grow has not progressed to the point where I could tell (my seeds are still not germinated :) ). I'll be using the fogger to supplement a drip system, something I've seen others do online with tomatoes and other plants, and it seems pretty damn amazing.

You have to keep the root area completely sealed off, just like regular aeroponic setups, but you can also blow the fog in with fans or compressed air and circulate it through long tubular pots. In my setup, it'll just fill the root chamber with fog from continuously circulating water. I chose to do it that way because one of the drawbacks I have read about with foggers is that they can generate a small amount of heat, so if you just have them floating in a pool of water they will raise the temperature of that water over time. Circulating the water will help keep it cool.

Anyway, here's a video of a really neat setup that seems to work well. It's nothing like mine, but it's the one that made me finally decide to go this rout.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brvJ2fGXusU]YouTube - Build a Aeroponic Fogger for your hydroponic system[/ame]

4. my shit glows red now all creepy and alien like. fogger is sick, combine it with dwc or other hydro stuff

5. Foggers clog too easily and create temp problems. If you have absolutely nothing to do with yourself and have the time to check your system at least once a week then foggers may work for you. Its a very expensive setup because your most likely going to need to run a water chiller with your setup when its not winter. Foggers very well could be the future but right now theres too many other ways that are alot easier and get very similar results. Its just not worth the time & money yet....

6. thanks guys and i decided not to use a fogger. ddint want the hassle of unclogging it or changing the discs every so often but thanks for your comments

7. using fogger now..what i have noticed is that it evaporates water extremely fast so you have to keep adding water plus nutrients..it fogs off alot of water so nutrients are used way faster so if your using expensive ferts your gonna burn through them a mininum of 3x.s faster..and im using bottled h2o..gets expensive..growing now 1 blak jak auto..awsome genetics..1 goliath..which is awsome genetics also...go for it..1 syrup going good and a star ryder..so..so..laggging due to lack of room in my sunlight solutions cool cab set up.

8. Foggers work great.

There are a few caveats, but worth it IMO.