Using topsoil as a base

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Braindeadly, Apr 29, 2016.

1. I want to grow a few auto`s in the summer, but it would be hard to get all of the soil over to my grow spot. So I`m thinking about using topsoil as a base and adding basic nutrients to it. Has anyone tried it, what was the outcome?
    Can anyone recommend any good auto`s for outdoors?

2. Topsoil is generally recommended as more of a soil conditioner rather than an actual planting medium because it is usually a very heavy soil....but it is still possible to successfully grow in high quality, preferably screened topsoil. I hope you plan on planting in the ground because i would not recommend topsoil in pots/containers in ANY case. Anyways, your going to want to aerate the soil a good bit. 35-40% perlite, 20-25% peat, 40% topsoil. Most quality topsoil will contain a decent amount of organic material and nutrients but I would throw in some kelp meal and some EWC, etc for good measure.

For strong outdoor auto's, Northern Lights Auto, Fast & Vast Auto, Fresian Dew Auto, Auto Mazar to name a few.