Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using tinctures for migraines?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BudInMyBlood, May 14, 2012.

1. Does anyone know if glycerin based tinctures work well for migraines? My mom has frequent migraines and I'm trying to get her off the pills she has to take but I dont think she's ready to smoke or vape yet. I was thinking of buying a tincture for this and I heard of Gold Mist Spray i keep seeing at the clubs.Do these tinctures work well for headaches or migraines?

2. No one's tried tinctures for migraines im guessing?

3. I've used alcohol-based tinctures(homemade, from indica-predominate hybrid) for my migraines and it worked fine. The only issue with it is that it takes longer to take effect than a hit off a vaporizer.

A spray, should, get into your system quickly if sprayed on the inside of the cheeks, but I'm not sure how effective a glycerin-based spray is absorbed that way, and my experience with most of the pre-made edibles in dispensaries has been poor.

Remember, too, that not everyone's migraines respond to MJ.