Using Time efficiently and timing clone making?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by DevilRed, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Okay, first let me say im successfull at rooting clones already. Ive got 4 plants (clones) just over a foot tall that I have put on 12/12 as of today.

Here is my situation. I want to create 3 more clones from the best looking plant. But I don't want to create them right now because I don't have enough room to keep the fast growing clones for 8 weeks while my plants are on 12/12 budding.

Anyone have a clue when it is still safe to get some clones off these plants and have them make it easy. Im thinking I should be good to go without much stress up to a good 3-4 weeks. If 3-4 weeks is the case that would be great since in 3 weeks the new clones won't get too overly large and run me out of room.

I grew 4 plants indoors, all a good 12-15" right now. Ive learned that my room really should only have 3 plants max for the space. I just don't want to kill off a beutiful white widow female clone who is so sexy.

But the next batch of three clones will all be grown to max size and used only for mum use. So i will be able to have lots of clones in spring.

2. i dont know if this will help, but i took my clones when the plants were about 10 days into 12/12, basically when they started showing flowers. i collect my sample from the bottom of the plant, even though didnt get much light down there, theyve florished since being potted and doing much better than i think the donars did.

3. Well, my main question is , how late into flowering is it still safe to take clones and have them have a high percentage of still taking root, and not ending up hermies.

I don't have the space to flower the four plants and grow my new 3 clones, much.

So since flowering takes approx 8 weeks, if I can still takes clones 3 to 4 weeks into flowering, that means I only need to arrange for the 7 plants for the rest of the flowering.

If I had room and enough lights I would just flower out these four, and take me some clones now , day one. I know I have at least two weeks to play with since these plants were taken and cloned off a mum that was at least two weeks into flowering.

But say 5 weeks, unno?