Using the same light to veg and flower?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by JohnE94, Apr 13, 2013.

1. #1 JohnE94, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
    Hey guys I just got a Secret Jardin DR40 with 4 3 feet T5 bulbs [39 watt each]. Right now I have a house plant I was growing until I purchased a tent.

Now the dimensions of the tent are about a 40cm squared base and about 4 feet tall. I have a light in each corner. I was thinking to have 2 lights running 18/6 for vegging, then when it comes around time to flower I would put on all 4 lights and do 12/12.

Or could I use all 4 lights during veg and flower and just change the light cycle?

Yes I am very new ahaha

thanks in advance

2. Are they T-5 HO? It doesn't sound like it with 3w. I would use them all from the start. For the grow you'll need Grow bulbs, 6400k, and for the bloom you'll need to change to Bloom bulbs, 3000k. You have the rest right, except for the lights. You'll need more lumens to grow dense buds. You'll probably get something similar to window weed with 3w T-5s.

3. My bad bro, just fixed it.. meant 3 feet xD. The lights are 6000k, so I should use all 4 lights [156w] then I want to flower should I switch to the same bulbs but one with 3000k? Also they are t5 ho

4. I'm not familiar with those lights. For flowering use all 4 3400k. If you can afford it I would get a Tek 2 from HYGsupply.com

5. I'd attempt to color balance first, in the old days 1970's we used cool whites 6500k for veg and warm white 2700k for bud, these days we have a whole host of colors, kelvins and daylight 5000k -ish, has proving very popular for veg and bud, but I still go warm white for budding.
    Keep all tubes on during veg and bud 18/6 or later 12 x12 as some old timer once told me....you never get enough lumens

peace
    "V"

6. Thanks man, do you know anything about exhaust fans? how many cfm do you think I would needto pull through a small diy carbon filter?

7. Balancing carbon filter size and CFM air pump is an art, but try to change 100% of the air in a grow room every 4 minutes, I'd be inclined to add 30% more hp to the air pump motor to accommodate the carbon filter, which as you may see ..will add noise? ........tricky?

8. Noise really isnt much of a factor for me, Im just having problems where to buy a 4inch inline fan. I think ill go with 80 - 100 cfm whichever I can get. I live in Canada so I cant order from HTG. You know any good sites?