Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Using the Easiest Single Serving Canna-Oil Recipe.

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WeedBoy252, Jul 16, 2018.

1. I am currently digest a single dosrof the
    Easiest Single Serving Canna-Oil Recipe.

I decarbed my bud at 250 for 27 minutes (mid grade). Preheated my oven to 340 and put my baking dish in that contained 1 grsm of decarbed herb and 3 Tbls of coconut oil for 30 minutes. What succes has other people had with this recipe and should i expect any.

Did not strain the herb out either, consumed on bread

2. Decarb takes 40 minutes even if you use 1g or 1lb of weed lol

I've had success just mixing hash into cookie dough & baking with no decarb but hash is already kinda decarbed:confused_2::laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Your air decarb (250 F for 27 min) was near optimal.
    Decarbed whole herb isn't very digestible, so the trick is to make it more digestible.
    That can be done by stripping away all the cellulose to create tincture or Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO), which is digestible when taken with food or drink, or by cooking it more, which is what you did.
    Cooking the herb to make it more digestible runs the risk of over-decarbing, and 340 F for in for 30 min might have done that.
    I say "might" because in-oil decarb is not as well documented as in-air decarb.

Assuming that the oil heating didn't over-decarb, you have an excellent method.
    Gram for gram of original herb, nothing is more potent than these kinds of un-strained, whole herb recipes.

You can also grind the decarbed herb to powder, add it to the oil of any recipe with some lecithin, bake, and enjoy.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I followed the decarb chart, am i missing some science? I am parapalegic and I'm looking for the best way to extract my medicine as the THC soothes the pain long enough to sleep.

• Like Like x 3
  5. [​IMG] May i also add the decarb may have been more like 32-34 mins. Same with the the oil cooking time.

6. Yeah the additional second heating is a little high in my opinion but you are for sure on the right track!

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 WeedBoy252, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    C
    Could someone help me with something more reliable using 3.5-7 grams of mids. The medicine is needed for pain relief! :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 2
  8. The original recipie called for 350 so i used 340, but the used the same time in hopes that may do it. Digested an hour ago, just feeling tired so far, but have been doing lots of moving and took 3 bong rips.

9. #9 mook2420, Jul 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    I saw one video where they tried three popular infusion methods using flower (into butter) and the one that did the best (and seemed the easiest) involved spraying 190 proof alcohol over the decarbed flower to break down that cellulose to do the infusion. Just a small amount. I actually do not remember the exact steps I will try to dig up the video.

It could be a way to have it more efficient for you but not have to mess with a lot more steps to the process.

Edit* here's the video (there are 5 separate videos the one I posted is the one I mentioned which did the best in the results of her testing.

With the amounts you mentioned and going into oil your recipe is good. I would just do maybe 220f not 350f for the oil part.

• Like Like x 1
  10. A easy kick ass brownie recipie would suffice

11. What you are doing is fine, but might be a little better with less heating in oil, but maybe not.
    Destroying some thc while making the rest more easily absorbed can be a good strategy.
    BrassNwood's method is popular here, and it's similar to what you're doing.
    He uses a different, but also optimal decarb, then cooks the herb into some oil with lecithin for 20 min @ 220 F, followed by a freezing, then a second heating @ 220 F for 20 min.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. This chart is from 1990. PsychedelicSam in Another Tincture thread did testing and the optimal time/ temp is 40 minutes at 240F. This does not mean other heated decarbs don't work, but PSam has lab tests verifying this decarb. As BrewsnWeed666 suggests a tincture may be ideal. The dosage is adjusted and dialed in quite easily. Making a tincture requires a couple of days for optimal results, but can be done quicker if necessary. Good luck.

13. You lose most of your terpenes with open oven decarbs tho so I cook my pot in a crock pot with coconut oil and by using a Variac raise the temps enough to decarb in the oil so all the terpenes etc are trapped for my enjoyment. Smallest batch I make takes 10g of pot to 200g of combined oils. (180g coconut oil, 20g liquid sunflower lecithin). 20:1 mix. The leftover pot after straining is saved to add to smoothies or baked goods and seems more potent than the cocobudder itself.

Recently got some MCT oil to make some for a friend with breast cancer who doesn't like the taste of coconut oil. Other oils like olive oil can be used as well.

The bubbles start around 235F and I let the temp get to 260 then once the bubbles stop I lower the temp to below 200, add the lecithin and let steep overnight. Strain it thru a fine mesh tea strainer into a mason jar and refrigerate/freeze twice to bind the lecithin to the cannabinoids for better absorption.

Bubbles02.JPG

Use the big crock pot for batches larger than 300g. Doing a liter at once with this rig. Could do 3L in that rig. :)

BigCrock01.jpg
    Really want to get a heated magnetic stirrer so it's not so Mickey Mouse but it works. :)

I like to spread a tsp on a cookie and sprinkle cinnamon on it or just eat it off the spoon. Doesn't taste too bad. Helps me sleep like a baby and wake up with way less joint pain that is greatly reduced all day. Mainly using hi-CBD strains these days as it works better than regular pot tho I like some sativa in there for the depression. Still experimenting with dosage and strengths and will be cooking up some mixed batches or blending different batches to find the right balance.

• Like Like x 1